Italian sausage pasta. Delicious sausages made with premium ingredients. Flavorful Johnsonville Italian Sausage and broccoli in a light tomato garlic sauce with linguine pasta. With back to school in full force and busy nights ahead of us, I am finding myself reaching for new quick and easy dinner inspiration.
The ingredients are bare… italian sausage pasta Variations and Additions: Instead of using mild Italian sausage you can use ground sausage, chicken sausage, turkey sausage, spicy sausage; Add veggies such as Zucchini, bell peppers, mushrooms, spinach; Substitute the Parmesan with Mozzarella, or a blend of provolone, fontina, romano, and asiago Prepare sausage according to directions. Cool slightly; cut into ¼-in. slices. Prepare pasta according to package directions. You can have Italian sausage pasta using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Italian sausage pasta
- It’s 5 of Italian sausages, casings peeled.
- Prepare 1 tsp of rep pepper flakes.
- Prepare 4 cloves of garlic, roughly chopped.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of tomato paste.
- Prepare 125 ml of (1 small jar) capers, drained.
- You need 12-15 of Kalamata olives, pitted.
- It’s 1 lb of dry spaghetti.
- Prepare 350 g of grape or cherry tomatoes, halved.
- It’s 1 handful of Italian parsley, roughly chopped.
- You need of Parmesan cheese.
In a large saucepan, sauté the onion and garlic in olive oil until tender. DO NOT ever add oil to the water! It will make your sauce slide off the pasta later. Toss the butter, hot pasta, sausage mixture and romano cheese together and serve.
Italian sausage pasta instructions
- Put a large pot of salted water on high heat..
- Crumble the sausages into a large pan on medium-high heat. Fry until they start to brown, about 5 minutes. If they release a lot oil, drain all but 3 or 4 tablespoons..
- Add the red pepper flakes and garlic to the pan and fry for 1 minute. Stir in the tomato paste and continue cooking another 2 to 3 minutes..
- Add the capers and olives to the pan and continue cooking 3 to 4 minutes. Turn the heat down to low. Start on the pasta. To keep the sauce from drying out while you wait, add a splash of water..
- Boil the pasta. Keep an eye on the sauce to make sure it doesn't dry out. When the pasta is 3/4 cooked, add the tomatoes and a glug of extra virgin olive oil to the sauce..
- When the pasta's cooked, drag it into the sauce along with a bit of pasta water. Sprinkle on the parsley and toss. Serve with freshly grated Parmesan..
A spicy sausage pasta dish with a difference. Using the cooking water helps the sauce cling to the pasta and gives the dish more body. A silky smooth sauce, perfect pasta and one pan to wash! Stouffer's Italian Sausage Pasta is Italian pork sausage & radiatore pasta with spinach and tomatoes in a creamy tomato sauce. A one-of-a-kind frozen meal that always hits the spot.