Spicy Shrimp Fried Rice (Indonesian Style). A traditional Indonesian fried rice recipe which is often served with a fried egg for a protein boost to make it a meal, but I usually serve it as a side dish. The magic ingredient in this is kecap manis, a sweet soy sauce which is available in large supermarkets and of course in Asian stores. Great recipe for Spicy Shrimp Fried Rice (Indonesian Style).
Fried rice is definitely on my favorite foods list, I absolutely love it! Sure, sometimes I go low-carb with Cauliflower Fried Rice, which is fine but when I go all out, I much prefer making it with leftover brown rice (see How To Cook Perfect Brown Rice). This is the easiest recipe ever for the mid-week blues! You can have Spicy Shrimp Fried Rice (Indonesian Style) using 14 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Spicy Shrimp Fried Rice (Indonesian Style)
- It’s 500 gr of leftover cooked rice (a day old).
- Prepare 4 of eggs, lightly beaten with 1/4 tsp salt.
- You need of Shrimp, as needed, peeled and deveined.
- You need to taste of Sweet soy sauce.
- You need 3 of green onion, sliced and seperate the green and white part.
- Prepare to taste of Salt,.
- You need to taste of Ground white pepper,.
- Prepare of Grind into spice paste.
- It’s to taste of Dried chilies, soak into boiling water until softened.
- Prepare of (Fresh Thai chilies can be used instead of dried chilies).
- It’s 4 of shallots.
- Prepare 4 of garlic cloves.
- You need 1 cube of or 1 tsp shrimp paste.
- You need 2 tsp of crispy tiny shrimp.
So like always, we've gathered the perfect cooking tips for you guys for this recipe. How to make spicy Indonesian fried rice. Here's my take on Indonesian fried rice. A hot and spicy meat-free meal with crispy onions, finished off with a fried egg.
Spicy Shrimp Fried Rice (Indonesian Style) instructions
- Heat oil in a wok. Pour the beaten egg then stir it to make scramble egg. Put aside in a bowl..
- Heat oil in a frying pan/wok on high heat. Sauté spice paste until fragrant, about 3 minutes..
- Add white part of green onion. Stir for a few second..
- Add the shrimp. Stir until the shrimp look pink..
- Add the cooked rice and use a metal spatula to flatten out and break up any large clumps. If the rice is cold from the refrigerator, continue stir-frying until the rice is warmed up, which will take about 5 minutes..
- Add about 1 or 2 tsp sweet soy sauce (to taste), salt and pepper. Mix with a scooping motion until everything well combined..
- Add the scramble egg and green part of green onion. Continue stir-frying the rice for another minute. Have a taste, add more salt if needed. Serve immediately..
- Sweet soy sauce.
- Shrimp paste/belacan (terasi).
- Crispy tiny shrimp.
Delicious on its own or served as a side with one of our other amazing Asian inspired dishes. Nasi goreng with chicken, egg and prawn cracker Nasi goreng, literally meaning "fried rice" in Indonesian and Malay, can refer simply to fried pre-cooked rice, a meal including stir fried rice in. Nasi Goreng Chicken, shrimp, and fried rice combine in this traditional version of the classic Indonesian one-dish meal, made intense and spicy with fish sauce and plenty of chiles. Spicy Fried Rice, Indonesian Sambal Fried Rice Recipe. Shrimp fried rice are my favorite ditch-the-delivery dinner on busy weekdays.