Cajun Chicken over Pasta. Cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain when the pasta is still al dente; do not overcook! Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
Place chicken and Cajun seasoning in a bowl and toss to coat. Reduce heat add green onion, heavy cream, tomatoes, basil, salt, garlic powder, black pepper and heat through. Pour over hot linguine and toss with Parmesan cheese. You can cook Cajun Chicken over Pasta using 19 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cajun Chicken over Pasta
- You need 12 ounce of pasta of choice.
- Prepare 12 ounce of boneless skinless chicken breast cut into 2 inch strips.
- It’s of Spice Mixture.
- It’s 1 tsp of cayenne.
- You need 1 3/4 tsp of onion powder.
- Prepare 1 1/4 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1 tsp of paprika.
- Prepare 1 tsp of dried basil.
- It’s 3/4 tsp of dried oregano.
- Prepare 2 1/2 Tbsp of unseasoned bread crumbs.
- It’s of Sauce.
- You need 2 Tsp of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of crushed garlic.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of chopped onions.
- You need 3/4 cup of chopped sweet green peppers.
- You need 4 cups of canned or fresh tomatoes, crushed.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of dried basil.
- You need 1 tsp of dried oregano.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of cayenne.
When oil is hot, roll chicken in flour mixture, then dip in egg, then roll again in flour mixture. Fry in hot oil until golden brown. Repeat until all the chicken is done; set aside on an oven safe pan/plate and keep warm in the oven until pasta and sauce are done. Place the chicken and the Cajun seasoning in a plastic bag.
Cajun Chicken over Pasta step by step
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients for the spice mixture; then coat chicken in spice mixture..
- In a medium, non-stick skillet sprayed with vegetable spray or covered with oil, saute chicken on medium heat until cooked through (no longer pink). Set chicken aside..
- In the same skillet, heat oil; saute garlic, onions and peppers for 5 minutes or until tender. Add tomatoes, basil, oregano and cayenne. Simmer for 20 to 25 minutes..
- Prepare pasta of choice and top with chicken. Combine with sauce..
- Serve and enjoy!.
Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Place the chicken cubes in a bowl, pour the Cajun seasoning over top, then stir to coat the chicken in the spices. Once the skillet is very hot and the butter is melted and foamy, add the seasoned chicken pieces. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Meanwhile, place chicken and Cajun seasoning in a bowl, and toss to coat.