Mike's 5 Way Juicy Prime Rib. Everything you created today was absolute juicy crispy meaty perfection! This Prime rib recipe is out of this world! It is a Juicy roasted Prime rib that is so tender and delicious.
Also known as a standing rib roast, prime rib is marbled with fat to keep it succulent, and it is very easy to cook too. Prime rib is an extremely tender, unbelievably juicy cut of beef with a bold flavor that needs no dressing up. In fact, cooking prime rib is one of the easiest things you can do in the kitchen. You can have Mike's 5 Way Juicy Prime Rib using 33 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mike's 5 Way Juicy Prime Rib
- It’s of ● For The Prime Rib.
- It’s 1 (12 lb) of Prime Rib [bone in – room temp – twined].
- It’s of ● For The Rub [you may need to double].
- You need as needed of Garlic Olive Oil o to coat rib].
- You need 2 tbsp of Worshestershire Sauce.
- You need 1/3 Cup of Extra Fine Minced Garlic [jarred].
- You need 2 tbsp of Fresh Ground Black Pepper.
- You need 1 tbsp of Granulated Onion Powder.
- You need 1 tbsp of Dried Rosemary.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Dried Thyme.
- You need of ● For The Options [all as needed].
- You need of Au Jus Sauce [be sure to make extra].
- You need of Leidenheimer Bread [preferred if you can find it].
- Prepare of Large Soft Sub Rolls.
- You need of Sliced Swiss Cheese.
- It’s of Thin Sliced Green Bell Peppers.
- It’s of Thin Sliced Mushrooms.
- You need of Thin Sliced Vidalia Onions.
- You need of Thin Sliced Red Onions.
- Prepare of Thin Shredded Lettuce.
- It’s of Thin Sliced Tomatoes.
- You need of Thin Sliced Dill Pickles.
- You need of Sliced Banana Peppers.
- It’s of Horseradish Sauce.
- It’s of Garlic Butter & Frying Oil.
- Prepare of Fresh Rosemary Sprigs [prime rib garnish].
- Prepare of Fresh Flat Parsley [prime rib garnish].
- Prepare of Sweet Baby Rays BBQ Sauce.
- It’s of Thick Brown Gravy.
- You need of ● For The Kitchen Equipment.
- Prepare 1 of LG Disposable Pan.
- You need 1 of Lifted Rack.
- You need 1 of Digital Meat Thermometer.
Here's all you need to know to make the perfect prime rib, along with tried and beloved Prime Rib Recipes. Hello, I'm Claudia and welcome to my cooking channel. I make videos every week, featuring only the best and delicious recipes for all people, all the time! It's nearly impossible to reheat prime rib without losing some of the rosy red color many diners crave, but you can come close to duplicating the original meal by being patient, and reheating the meat very slowly.
Mike's 5 Way Juicy Prime Rib step by step
- Bring your 12 lb prime rib to room temperature..
- Make your dry rub and whisk..
- Coat prime rib with garlic olive oil and coat well with seasonings..
- Roast at 400° covered for 15 minutes on a lifted rack then 20 minutes per pound at 325°. You'll want an internal temperature of 120° for rare. Pictured is rare. Allow to sit for 20 minutes covered then serve..
- Create your Au Jus for dipping. Be sure to make extra for Roast Beef Sandwiches and Po Boys. Just use your drippings and McCormick easy Au Jus mix. Substitute half of water called for with beef stock. It's a little salty. That's why no salt is added to the rub..
- Sliced roast beef sandwich with horseradish, grilled onions, grilled peppers, mushrooms and swiss cheese on toasted rolls. Serve with hot Au Jus for dipping..
- BBQ Roast Beef sandwich pictured with Sweet Baby Rays BBQ Sauce, fresh red and white onions and crispy pickles on toasted rolls. Cole Slaw goes great on these as well. Today we took the cheaters way out and added KFC Cole Slaw to some.😊.
- Toasted Roast Beef Po Boys pictured with grilled onions & bell peppers, brown gravy, fresh crispy thin sliced lettuce, banana peppers, pickles and firm tomatoes. Serve on Leidenheimer bread if at all possible. It's made only in New Orleans but they ship. Serve with hot Au Jus for dipping..
- Traditional Old Sober [or yakimein] Soup pictured. See my detailed recipie if interested. It's a delicious New Orleans creation..
- Consider serving with creamed spinach, stacked baked potatoes or corn on the cob. Anyway you do it – as always – enjoy! Garnish with fresh rosemary..
The best way to get close to retaining a medium rare finish is to earmark the thickest part of the roast for reheating. The conventional wisdom about cooking prime rib is to leave a thick layer of fat all around the roast to help keep the meat moist. When it comes to smoking meat, however, you want to expose as much of the meat as possible to the flavorful smoke, and this outer layer of fat will prevent the even distribution and absorption of the smoke, leaving only the ends exposed. Try a Free Trial of The Great Courses Plus and watch The Everyday Gourmet: Rediscovering the Lost Art of Cooking here: https://www. The prime rib was incredibly juicy, tender, and full of extra meat juices.