Chinese Sweet & Sour Chicken. Chinese: 蛋挞 dàn tà /dan taa/ The egg tarts were first introduced to Mainland China via Macau, by Portugese colonizers. It is basically a little custard tart, with a hard and sweet crust. They are best eaten warm, and usually found in Cantonese-style restaurants.
Due to the many Chinese cultures and the long history of China, there are a great variety of desserts of. Sweet and sour is a very popular sauce in Chinese cuisine, with many different ways to make it. This recipe is the style that would be found in a Chinese (Cantonese) restaurant, with a red ketchup base. You can have Chinese Sweet & Sour Chicken using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chinese Sweet & Sour Chicken
- Prepare 6 tbsp of Brown Sugar.
- You need 2 tbsp of White Vinegar.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Tomato Ketchup.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Five spice.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Pineapple juice.
- Prepare of Light soy sauce.
- Prepare of Corn Starch.
- Prepare of Chicken breast (cut into bite size).
- You need of Garlic (minced).
- It’s of Grounded white pepper.
- Prepare of All purpose flour.
- Prepare of Spring onions.
- It’s of Onions.
- Prepare of Tomatoes.
You can use it for stir-fry pork, chicken, or vegetables. You can enjoy this sauce as a dipping sauce for egg rolls or fried shrimp. How to make Chinese Sweet Potato Pancakes Hi everyone, hope you enjoy this simple appetizer, which also can be breakfast or a snack. I want to thank all my subscribers and viewers for all your.
Chinese Sweet & Sour Chicken instructions
- Combine the brown sugar, white vinegar, pineapple juice, light soy sauce, tomato ketchup and five spice. Mix well and let it simmer in low heat..
- Dissolve corn starch in water and pour into the mixture. Continue to stir until sauce thickens. Set aside..
- Marinate chicken with soy sauce and minced garlic. Add flour to the marinated chicken and mix until flour is evenly distributed..
- Deep fry the chicken and set aside..
- Saute onion then add the tomatoes..
- Add the cooked chicken to the pan..
- Pour in the sauce and mix. Add in the spring onions. Let it stay in low heat for another 2 mins..
A delicious dish packed full of flavor and so easy to make. Great for the whole family and can be easily adapted. Beef can easily be substituted for the pork if you desire. This Chinese Sweet and sour pork recipe is a treat! pork pieces in batter, fried twice for extra crispiness! The slightly tangy sauce, sweet tickle the taste buds.