GF Butter Boozy Fruit Cake. This Boozy Christmas Cake is AMAZING. It's a sweet rum cake filled with my homemade tutti frutti, golden raisins, pistachios and dates. There are also spices like cardamom, cloves and ginger.
Best ever boozy cakes and bakes. Add a splash of booze to your bakes to create a grown-up afternoon tea or showstopping dessert for the festive season – try Aperol, mojito or gin and tonic cake, or even espresso martini tiramisu. An easy bake last minute fruit cake, with a shot or two of rum or whiskey for good measure and I can guarantee it's all gone in no time. You can have GF Butter Boozy Fruit Cake using 23 ingredients and 17 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of GF Butter Boozy Fruit Cake
- You need of Fruity booze mix.
- It’s 2 oz of candied ginger chopped in 1/4 inch chunks.
- It’s 6 oz of dried apricots halved.
- You need 8 oz of dried blueberries.
- Prepare 8 oz of dried cherries halved.
- You need 8 oz of dried dates chopped into quarters.
- You need 2 tbsp of lemon juice.
- You need 1/2 can of apricot nectar.
- It’s 3/4 cup of Gran Gala Triple Orange Liqueur.
- You need 3/4 cup of Kraken Black Spiced Rum.
- You need of Nut mix.
- You need 3/4 cup of unsalted cashews.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of unsalted pecans halves.
- It’s of Cake mix.
- Prepare 2.5 cups of GF flour mix.
- You need 1.5 tsp of Xanthan gum.
- It’s 1 tbsp of cinnamon.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Lebkuchengewurz spice blend… German gingerbread spice.
- You need of Zest and juice of one orange and one lemon.
- You need 1 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1 LB (4 sticks) of butter.
- Prepare 1 cup of white sugar.
- It’s 5 of large eggs.
Christmas cake is a "must have" to help celebrate Christmas. It is fruity and luscious with an intoxicating aroma. I tried a slightly different recipe this. The Boozy Fruit Loaf recipe out of our category Loaf Cake!
GF Butter Boozy Fruit Cake step by step
- Combine all the fruit mix ingredients the night before..
- Extra credit cooks bonus! Grab two rocks glasses add an ice cube to each then pour the remaining apricot nectar into the glasses. In one glass add a shot of spiced rum and in the other add a shot of gran gala. Enjoy!.
- Pre heat oven to 325..
- Pull the fruit mix out of the refrigerator. Zest and juice the orange and the lemon. Add both juices to the fruit mix. Set zest aside..
- Toast the nuts in a skillet. Let cool, rough chop and side aside for later..
- Whisk all dry cake ingredients together including the citrus zest. If you do not have the Lebkuchengewurz spice blend on hand, your favorite holiday spice blend will also work..
- Cream the butter and sugar together. Then add the eggs one at a time..
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet and combine thoroughly..
- Mix the nuts into the fruit mix..
- Grease 2 loaf pans..
- Stir the fruit nut mixture into the batter. Do this by hand and use a spatula with some strength. The batter is dense and will give your arm a good workout!.
- Distribute the batter evenly between the 2 loaf pans. Tap them on the counter lightly to make sure the batter is settled on the bottom..
- Bake for about an hour and a half. After an hour start checking them by putting a butter knife in the middle to see if it comes out clean..
- When done let cool and turn them out onto a cutting board..
- Once completely cooled move to a vessel large enough for both to have space around them and lid. We used a cake carrier..
- You can eat right away, but we are going to wait at least two weeks. During this long wait we will be spritzing with spiced rum roughly every 3 days..
- See not so scary!.
Combine the butter, sugar and treacle in a large saucepan and melt together over a medium heat, stirring to combine. Remove from the heat, then stir in the self-raising. The Best Moist Fruit Cake Recipes on Yummly Fruit Cake, Candied Fruit Cake, Red Fruit Cake. Quick Fruit Cake (boiled Fruit Cake)Flours and Frostings. dried fruits, unsalted butter, all Dark Fruit Cake With Vegetable Oil Recipes.