Chinese Honey Chicken. From local farms to your table. We Bring You Truly Pasture-Raised Chicken. Chinese Honey Chicken is the kid sister to the ever popular and expensive restaurant favorite of Honey Walnut Shrimp and the perfect recipe to serve alongside.
The crispy chicken is deep-fried on stove top and glazed in a sweet and savory honey sauce. Honey chicken is one of the most popular Chinese recipes on Rasa Malaysia. I created that recipe two years ago and many readers have requested variations of that recipe. You can cook Chinese Honey Chicken using 16 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chinese Honey Chicken
- Prepare of Marinade.
- You need of Soy sauce.
- You need of Rice wine or cooking wine.
- Prepare of Egg white.
- You need of Flour.
- You need of Sauce.
- It’s of Chicken stock.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Honey.
- You need 2 tbsp of White vinegar.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Soy Sauce.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Brown sugar.
- It’s of Garlic (minced and chopped).
- You need of Corn starch.
- You need of Main ingredient.
- Prepare of Chicken breasts (fillet or with bones).
- You need of Sesame seeds.
Jump to Recipe · Print Recipe. Until now I have only tried honey chicken at the local Chinese buffets here in Michigan. Most of the honey chicken at the buffets I find a little too sweet for my liking. I decided I wanted to give it a try at home and came across a recipe that looked pretty good, and.
Chinese Honey Chicken step by step
- Marinate chicken with all the marinade ingredients except the flour. Set aside..
- Mix all the sauce ingredients except for the garlic and corn starch. Stir to mix well..
- Coat the marinated chicken with flour..
- Heat oil in a pan then deep fry the coated chicken until it turns brown. Set aside..
- Saute garlic until it turns light brown..
- Pour the prepared sauce into the pan and let it simmer until there are bubbles..
- Add water with corn starch until sauce thickens..
- Add the cooked chicken into the sauce..
- Serve it with sesame seeds sprinkled on top..
The best Chinese honey chicken.no stodgy, Chinese takeout recipe with thick, heavy batter. We've been trying some of your recipes over the last month or so, but so far have not been able to fine how to view your videos. There just isn't any way we have been able to see them. Maybe we might be looking in the wrong place. I love crunchy honey chicken !!