Homemade Beef Jerky ( Original Flavor).
You can have Homemade Beef Jerky ( Original Flavor) using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Homemade Beef Jerky ( Original Flavor)
- Prepare 2 lb of round beef ( or any beef of your choice).
- It’s 1/4 cup of soy sauce.
- It’s 1/3 cup of worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare 2 tsp of onion powder.
- Prepare 2 tsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of liquid smoke.
- Prepare 1 tsp of honey.
Homemade Beef Jerky ( Original Flavor) instructions
- I put the meat in the freezer for about 4 to 6 hours after that i take it out and thinly slice it about 1/4 to 1/8 of an inch make sure you trim all the fat off then I put in a ziplock bag.
- While the meat is in the freezer I combine all the ingredients for the marinade.
- After the marinade is ready leave two teaspoons aside for basting during the dehydration process.
- Once the marinade is ready I poured into the bag and move it all around so every single piece of the meat is marinated. I leave the marinade in the refrigerator for up to 48 hours you can take it out after 12 hours I recommend if you can move around every couple hours.
- After the marinated meat is ready i turn my dehydrator on to 150°F if you use in an oven go to the lowest temperature possible my oven goes to a 170°F. Once in the dehydrator I'll let it go for about an hour and then I start basting with the leftover marinade that was reserved in the beginning of this recipe and I baste every hour. I leave it in the dehydrator for about two to three hours depending on your dehydrator if working with an oven leave the door shut for 30 minutes after 30min keep the oven door cracked ( be careful for any kids or pets around the oven) and let it go for about 4 hours and baste every hour or until you get the texture you prefer enjoy.
- After my beef jerky is done I like to put in food saver bags at last longer hope you guys enjoy.