Nearly Dairy-free Scones.
You can cook Nearly Dairy-free Scones using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Nearly Dairy-free Scones
- You need 3 cup of Self-raising Flour.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Caster sugar.
- Prepare 1 pinch of salt.
- You need 50 grams of Butter, chopped.
- It’s 3/4 cup of Light Soy Milk (or real milk if you can).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Lemonade.
- You need 1 dash of Milk, to glaze.
- You need 1 of Thickened cream, to serve.
- Prepare 1 of Jam, to serve.
Nearly Dairy-free Scones step by step
- Preheat oven to 220 C (430 F). Sift the flour, sugar and salt into a large bowl. Add the butter and use your fingertips to rub the butter into the flour until it looks like breadcrumbs. Don't worry if you miss a couple of bits of butter..
- Make a well in the centre of the flour mixture. Pour the milk and lemonade into the well and use the edge of a knife to stir until you make a soft but slightly sticky dough. Add more lemonade if you need to make it make it sticky. Note that fizzy lemonade is hard to measure so let it settle before adding to the mix..
- Place dough onto a lightly floured surface. Gently (!) knead until dough just comes together. Use fingertips to gently (!) form the dough into a 2cm (~1") thick disc..
- Use a round pastry cutter or small glass dipped in flour to cut out scones (5-6cm or about 2" works best) Arrange scones on a lightly-floured tray (or use baking paper). Brush each scone with a little extra milk to glaze..
- Bake on the top shelf of preheated oven for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Cooked scones should sound hollow when tapped. Place scones on a clean tea towel and cover with another tea towel to cool – best eaten as warm and fresh as possible!.
- Raisin Scones – Add half a cup of raisins at the end of step 2.