Poke meets Congee. Great recipe for Bottom Round Steak. A cheaper cut of beef made delicious and tender. Congee rice porridge, sometimes served with pork flops and egg for breakfast.
After we all went crabbing caught the crabs, cleaned them. Separate the legs, and claws from body of crabs. Then cook them and eat the mess out of them! You can cook Poke meets Congee using 33 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Poke meets Congee
- It’s of Lamb and marinade.
- Prepare 1-1/2 pound of leg of lamb bone removed.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of soya sauce.
- You need 1/2 cup of extra virgin olive oil.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of kosher salt.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of granulated garlic powder.
- It’s of Rice.
- It’s 1 cup of long grain rice.
- It’s 3 cup of 100% pineapple juice.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of dark brown sugar.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of soya sauce.
- Prepare 1 cup of water.
- You need of Vegetables and such.
- You need 1 of large green avocado.
- Prepare 5 of medium sized carrot.
- Prepare 1 of large shallots.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of green bell pepper.
- You need 15 ounces of canned Cannellini beans drained.
- It’s 1 of large tomato.
- It’s 2-4 of large eggs.
- Prepare As needed of water to boil eggs in.
- You need 2 tablespoons of pork floss divided.
- It’s of Pickled radish.
- Prepare 1 cup of radish sliced.
- You need 1 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 2 tablespoons of dark brown sugar.
- You need 1/3 cup of water.
- You need 2/3 cup of apple cider vinegar.
- You need of Extra.
- Prepare As needed of water to steam and deglaze with.
- You need 1/4 cup of pine nuts.
Congee may be sweet or savory and can contain ingredients as basic as rice and water or as complex as spices, marinated meat, nuts, fresh herbs and other garnishes. The ingredients in a particular type of congee are really what make up its nutrition facts; rich ingredients equal a high-calorie and high-fat bowl of porridge, but keeping the dish. How to Make Instant Pot Congee. When made on the stovetop, this dish takes a couple hours.
Poke meets Congee step by step
- Wash and slice the radishes. I actually picked these from my garden. Add the salt sugar vinegar and water to the radishes. Allow to pickle..
- Get the leg of lamb and separate what you wish to use. Rinse and pat dry. Trim the fat and add to the rest of the leg of lamb to be used in another recipe..
- Cut into cubes and bite sized pieces.add the marinade ingredients. Stir well coating all pieces..
- Transfer to a ziploc bag and allow to marinate for at least an hour. I did mine for 4 hours. Boil the eggs. I boiled extra to snack on later..
- Add rice salt, soya sauce to a pot. Pour in 3 cups pineapple juice. Boil till juice is almost absorbed add the sugar and water. Cook whisking often.so it doesn't clump. When rice is overcooked it's done..
- Slice the carrots, and dice the peppers. Add to a hot skillet..
- When caramelized add the shallots. Cover allow the shallots to cook 4 minutes stirring occasionally. Add water and steam. Remove when the carrots are tender but still with bite. Wipe the pan. Drain the beans and sauté in pan..
- Steam the beans the same way season with a little salt. Set aside..
- Cope the pan again add the lamb and marinade. Sauté till lamb is caramelized just a bit. Drain liquids into a clean bowl..
- Continue to sauté the lamb. When caramelized move to a bowl add water to the pan to deglaze the pan..
- Stir getting the bits and pieces off bottom of pan. Pour that over the lamb pieces. Stir well. Set aside covered..
- Toasted the pine nuts. Cut the tomato, avocado, assemble the bowl starting with the rice..
- Slice 2 eggs in half add the eggs and pork floss. Sprinkle with pine nuts. Serve I hope you enjoy!!! I forgot to get the boiled egg on top in the picture. I was excited about getting the picture and digging in!!.
This is the Instant Pot I have. The results are fabulous – thick, silky, and nourishing. Get fast food, brunch, lunch, dinner, groceries & more. Neil Murphy, executive corporate chef at Merriman's Hawaiʻi, shows us how to make jook, a humble Asian congee dish that's popular in the Islands. Poke several holes in the sweet potato and wrap in foil.