Tapenade Crostini. Get Tapenade Crostini Recipe from Food Network. This Kalamata Olive Tapenade On Crostini is an easy and healthy gluten free appetizer that's bursting with Mediterranean flavors. This Green and Black Olive Tapenade Recipe is combined with homemade toasts for a classic crostini appetizer.
This is a simple, all-year tapenade that works great for dinner parties. The trick in preparing the recipe is to constantly monitoring the taste before adding more of any ingredient, given that many of them are sodium-heavy. I usually serve the tapenade plated with burrata on toasted crostini as well as alongside slices of red pepper for anyone gluten-free. You can have Tapenade Crostini using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Tapenade Crostini
- Prepare 1 cup of pitted “mixed” color olives (kalamata olives).
- It’s 2 Tbs. of capers.
- You need 1 of anchovy fillet, rinsed; or a paste (optional).
- You need 1 of small clove garlic, minced.
- You need 3 of fresh basil leaves, coarsely chopped.
- It’s 1 Tbs. of lemon juice.
- Prepare 2 Tbs. of extra-virgin olive oil.
- It’s 1 loaf of baguette bread, sliced.
Goat Cheese Crostini with Fig-Olive Tapenade A tangy-sweet tapenade made with dried figs, kalamata olives, and capers is the perfect foil for mild goat cheese in this easy appetizer. Store the tapenade, covered, in the refrigerator, and garnish with parsley immediately before serving. Store toasted and cooled bread slices in an airtight container. Your guests will love this Grilled Crostini with Olive Tapenade recipe.
Tapenade Crostini instructions
- Rinse the olives thoroughly in water. In a bowl for the food processor or in a blender, combine all the ingredients..
- Process these ingredients for 1 minute. Stop and scrape down the sides of the bowl. Drizzle in a little more olive oil. Continue processing until the mixture becomes paste like..
- Transfer to a bowl or container, cover, and chill..
- Slice the baguette in 1/4 inch slices (slight angle). Place pieces on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Bake or “toast” under the broiler for ~2 minutes. [Keep an eye on them].
- Remove the sheet from the oven and place the toasted slices on a platter. Top with the tapenade, garnish, and serve. [I use tomato slices for a garnish that can also be used to top the crostini bread].
Grill the bread slices early the day of the gathering. Cool and store in tightly sealed zip-top plastic bags. Stir together olive tapenade and parsley; garnish, if desired. Place green onion slices in a small bowl. Brush the bread lightly with oil on one side and arrange on a baking sheet.