American Shepards Pie. Best Ever American Shepherd's Pie Recipe. I would not have posted unless I tried it and found it delicious and different from the other sheperd pie recipes on this site. Will be a regular during the chili months in buffalo!
Because there are NEVER ENOUGH MASHED POTATOES. The best Shepherd's Pie, done right my friends. Have you ever taught a kid to roller skate before? You can have American Shepards Pie using 5 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of American Shepards Pie
- Prepare 1 lb of Hamburger meat.
- You need 1/4 cup of chopped onion.
- You need 2 can of Pork and Beans (15 oz).
- It’s 2 cup of Mashed potatoes (4 servings).
- You need 1/2 cup of Shredded cheese (cheddar or colby jack works best).
This American shepherds pie is a great way to celebrate St. It is made with hamburger but you could use lamb or mutton. This is the way my family likes it. Shepherd's Pie is a recipe your family will enjoy anytime.
American Shepards Pie step by step
- Brown hamburger meat with onions in a skillet.
- Put cooked meat into 8×11 pan.
- Cover meat evenly with both cans of pork and beans.
- Then cover with mashed potatoes spreading them evenly over the beans and meat.
- Put pan into oven at 375° for 30 min.
- Remove from oven and 1/2 shredded cheese on top of potatoes.
- Bake in oven for 5-10 min or until cheese is melted.
- Serve and enjoy!.
It's a great way to use up both leftover vegetables and mashed potatoes. Learn how to prepare rich and flavorful shepherd's pie with Food Network's amazing recipes. Keep it traditional or kick it up a notch with fun, creative twists. I added some garlic with the onion and ground beef, too. Also added shredded sharp cheddar on top. cheriinil.