Sugar-free Rum Banana Cake. My family and co-workers absolutely LOVE it. I did modify the frosting in which I used a cream cheese frosting with powder sugar I then added some cool whip and rum to lighten the frosting. Beat together mashed banana and soft butter until creamy.
Sugar Free Double Chocolate Banana CakeMonday Cravings. Pillow-soft banana cake gets a fine crumb from a blend of alternative flours (coconut, millet, and sweet rice) crowned with glossy coconut milk ganache kissed with a splash of dark rum. Unlike my super-healthy banana bread bricks, this version was gluten-free but used dairy as well as refined sugars. You can cook Sugar-free Rum Banana Cake using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sugar-free Rum Banana Cake
- You need 120 g of flour.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 100 g of butter.
- It’s 10 g of baking powder.
- You need 3 of bananas.
- It’s 40 g of rum raisin.
- Prepare 50 g of yogurt.
For this banana cake, I used a variation of my favorite cream cheese frosting that I shared the other day. Today's recipe uses a bit less sugar and has you whip heavy cream into the frosting so that it's When I made this banana cake in my glass baking dish, the top browned faster than I expected it to. This is absolutely the best banana cake I've ever had! In this special FREE series, I reveal my most powerful SECRETS to great baking.
Sugar-free Rum Banana Cake step by step
- Before you start– put raisins into rum, take butter out of the fridge so it may be soft enough, and sift flour and baking powder. Heat bananas in microwave and cool them down with iced water when not ripe. Preheat the oven at 180C..
- Whip butter until it becomes smooth. You can start with your auto hand mixer to save your time..
- Add eggs into the whipped butter little by little so they will not separate. Still use the hand mixer until you put in all the eggs..
- Put rum raisin and yogurt into step 3. You can now use a wooden or rubber spatula to mix these. Here again be careful they won't separate..
- Add the sifted flour and baking powder. You should add 1/3 of the powder, and then again another 1/3, and lastly the rest. Do NOT mix, but FOLD when you put them together..
- Put the dough into a buttered and powdered mold. I used a 22cm kouglof mold..
- Bake it in an oven at 180C for 40min. Cool it down on a cake cooler..
This is absolutely the best banana cake I've ever had! It's supremely moist with cream cheese frosting, tons of banana, brown sugar, and cinnamon flavor. The most amazing banana cake recipe with tangy cream cheese frosting. Top this amazing banana cake with my cream cheese frosting and I swear you will be eating slices all week like like I was. I stored the leftover cake in the fridge wrapped in plastic wrap to.