SPLIT PEA SOUP, VEGETARIAN OR VEGAN. Say Yes to Our Vegetarian Soups Crafted for Sippable Satisfaction. In a large saucepan, combine the first nine ingredients; bring to a boil. Vegetarian Split Pea Soup is every bit as delicious, wholesome, and nostalgic as the soup your mom made.
Vegan split pea soup is the perfect meal on a chilly day; it's healthy, warm, hearty, and delicious. It's also incredibly inexpensive to make! This makes a very thick vegetarian split pea soup. You can have SPLIT PEA SOUP, VEGETARIAN OR VEGAN using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of SPLIT PEA SOUP, VEGETARIAN OR VEGAN
- You need 1 lb of split peas.
- Prepare 6 of large carrots.
- Prepare 5 stalks of celery.
- It’s 1 of medium-large leek with dark green top removed and discarded.
- Prepare 1 of large (not gigantic) onion.
- Prepare 4 tablespoons of olive oil Or unsalted butter.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of salt.
- It’s 9-10 cups of water.
To make it thinner, reduce the amount of split peas or add more water. Depending on the density of split peas, it may take a while for the vegetables and peas to soften, but you can't really overcook this soup; just stir occasionally, and add water if it gets too dry. The best vegan split pea soup recipe i've ever made. High in protein, easy, delicious, healthy, whole food plant based no oil, gluten-free, dairy-free and good for you.
SPLIT PEA SOUP, VEGETARIAN OR VEGAN instructions
- Small chop or large dice all vegetables..
- In Dutch oven (large pot) heat olive oil or unsalted butter to medium-low.
- Sautee veggies slowly about 12 minutes until cooked down slightly, stirring occasionally..
- Add split peas, water and salt. Bring to boil, reduce heat to simmer, cook 75 minutes. Taste and add more salt if needed..
No meat, no ham bone, no ham-hock ever, pure vegetarian goodness! I love making vegan split pea soup. This is a quick frugal meal. A great cold day hearty meal. Vegetarian Split Pea Soup Ingredients Obviously there's no ham in here.