Stove Top Chicken Chili. This white chicken chili is one of my favorite chicken recipes. It's delicious, it's easy to make, and it doesn't require much prep at all. Plus, you can make it on the stovetop or in your slow cooker.
I love any recipe that is a soup, stew or Chili. This Creamy White Chicken Chili is so easy to make and comforting any time of year. I like to use cauliflower rice instead of beans to cut the carbs, and I use heavy cream and xanthan gum to eliminate the need for thickeners like. You can cook Stove Top Chicken Chili using 19 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Stove Top Chicken Chili
- You need 2/3 cup of water.
- It’s 1 tbsp of brown sugar.
- You need 28 oz of Bush's grillin' beans.
- You need 1 tsp of canola oil.
- Prepare 1 1/2 lb of chicken breast.
- It’s 1 of sweet onion.
- It’s 2 of red bell peppers.
- You need 7 slice of center cut bacon.
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp of chili powder.
- You need 1 tbsp of cumin.
- It’s 1 tsp of dried oregano.
- It’s 1 tsp of fennel.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of crushed red pepper.
- You need 1 of salsa.
- It’s 3 tbsp of tomato paste.
- You need 1 can of green chilis.
- You need 1 can of super sweet corn.
- You need 1 cup of chicken broth.
- It’s 1/4 cup of cilantro.
Add the chicken, onion, and garlic powder (or fresh garlic, if using). This simple white chicken chili can be cooked in the slow cooker or on the stove top. It is packed full of flavor with shredded chicken, corn, white beans, and more. Top it with tortilla strips, avocado, and cilantro!
Stove Top Chicken Chili instructions
- In a bowl, combine water, sugar, and half the beans in food processor; process until smooth..
- Combine bean puree and remaining beans in a bowl..
- Heat a large saucepan over medium-high heat and add oil..
- Add chopped chicken breasts; cook 5 minutes, or until chunks get some color to them..
- Remove chicken from the pan..
- Add onion, bell peppers, and chopped bacon to the pan; cook 5 minutes or until bacon and onion are lightly browned..
- Return chicken to the pan..
- Add chili powder, cumin, oregano, fennel, & crushed red pepper to pan; stir well to coat..
- Stir in bean mixture, salsa, green chiles, corn, tomato paste, & broth; bring to a boil..
- Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally… yes it friggin takes that long. It gives time for the liquid to reduce and everything to thicken up..
- Stir the stuff every 5 minutes or you'll wind up with a nice thick black coating on the bottom of your pan and will have waisted money on ingredients. Seriously, go stir it. I'll wait..
- Okay, after 30 minutes, I like serving it on top of rice, still hot from the pan with some chopped cilantro..
- Dig in!.
- Receive compliments and share the recipe..
I first heard of white chicken chili from a friends mom, several years back. Shred chicken with two forks and then add back to the liquid. Add the bell peppers, chili powder, cumin, red pepper flakes. I love white chili even more than regular chili. There are so many variations including award-winning white chili, soupy white chili, and vegetarian white chili but this easy, creamy, stovetop white chicken chili recipe is by far my favorite.