Tofu Tikka Masala.
You can have Tofu Tikka Masala using 22 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Tofu Tikka Masala
- Prepare of Marinade.
- It’s of Greek Yogurt.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of Fresh Lemon Juice.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Ground Cumin.
- You need 2 tsp of Garam Masala.
- You need 2 tsp of Cayenne Pepper.
- You need 2 tsp of Ground Black Pepper.
- It’s to Taste of Salt.
- You need 8 of Cloves.
- It’s 1 tbsp of ginger minced.
- It’s 2 Cloves of garlic.
- You need 2 block of tofu (or as much as you want, you can replace it with chicken or fish or even paneers).
- It’s of Sauce.
- You need 3 tbsp of Olive Oil.
- You need 1 of large Onion.
- You need 2 of Chilli roasted with seeds. (i omitted this because i dont eat spicy 🥵).
- It’s 1 tbsp of ground cumin.
- You need 2 of tspn paprika.
- It’s 1 tbsp of garam masala (use half if you think it's too strong).
- You need to taste of Salt.
- Prepare 1 of tomato Canned (i used 3 tomatoes blended).
- It’s 130 ml of Cooking Cream.
Tofu Tikka Masala step by step
- Mix all the Marinade to the choice of your filling, i used Tofu, you may use chicken, fish or Paneer’s. Place it overnight in the fridge..
- You can grill the Tofu on a grill pan, you can even coat it with bread crumbs and fry them, or bake it in the oven. I heated some olive oil and tossed everything in the pan as tofu releases water i let them simmer in the pan until the water drys out. Put it aside once done..
- For the Sauce, heat up oil and saute the onions for 20 mins, you will get tired but this is important part of the dish, keep sauting until onions are caramelised..
- Add the garlic, cumin, paprika and garam masala. Fry it for a min until it releases it's flavour. Add Salt and Pepper..
- Now add tomatoes. Stir them all for a minute. After tomatoes have been cooked add the cooking cream. Stir occasionally..
- Finally add the Tofu that was set aside earlier..
- Serve with warm rice and enjoy the richness of the spices..