Vietnamese Vegetarian Egg Meatloaf. Vietnamese Egg Meatloaf (Chả Trứng Hấp) A simple savoury dish of ground pork, shrimp, and eggs mixed with mung bean noodles and crispy wood ear mushrooms, topped with golden egg yolks, and steamed to perfection. Sharing one of the most super easy but delicious recipes to add into your daily menu, Steamed Egg Meatloaf (Chả Trứng Hấp). Main ingredients include pork, egg, and mung bean noodle.
People in the South often serve a slice or wedge of egg meatloaf with grilled pork chop and rice. Great recipe for Vietnamese Vegetarian Egg Meatloaf. Commonly seen on Vietnamese rice dishes, these egg meatloaves are traditionally steamed. You can have Vietnamese Vegetarian Egg Meatloaf using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vietnamese Vegetarian Egg Meatloaf
- It’s of wood ear mushrooms.
- It’s of dried shiitake mushrooms.
- It’s of eggs.
- It’s of milk.
- You need of small carrot shredded or grated.
- Prepare of minced garlic.
- You need of mung bean noodles glass noodles.
- You need of fish sauce.
- It’s of sugar.
- You need of salt.
- Prepare of black pepper.
Here, we can easily achieve the same in the air fryer and the result is just as delicious! Here, we can easily achieve the same in the air fryer. The result is just as delicious! Stir in some cooked ground meat if you would like to make it into a non-vegetarian dish.
Vietnamese Vegetarian Egg Meatloaf instructions
- Soak the shiitake mushrooms and wood ear mushrooms in warm water for about 20 minutes. Once they are softened, squeeze out excess water in the shiitake mushrooms and thinly slice both mushrooms..
- Soak mung bean noodles in cold water for about 15 minutes then cut them into 2 inch sections..
- Crack 2 whole eggs and 2 egg whites into a large bowl and save the 2 egg yolks in a small bowl for later use..
- Add milk into the large bowl and use a whisk to mix until homogenous. Add all the ingredients, except for the egg yolks, into the large bowl and mix..
- Spray some oil in a mini loaf pan and pour the egg mixture into the pan. Smooth out he top surface as much as possible since anything that sticks out of the surface will likely to be charred during the air frying process..
- Air fry at 280F (140C) for 16-18 minutes until the egg is set..
- In the meantime, add a pinch of salt into the small bowl containing the egg yolks and mix..
- When the egg loaf is done, pour the egg yolk on top and spread it evenly over the egg loaf. Air fry again at 400F (200C) for about 2 minutes until the egg yolks are hardened..
The meatless/eggless meatloaf came out really good; it looked and smelled really delicious and tasty. This vegan meatloaf version is comparable to our Steamed Egg Meatloaf (which is non-vegetarian). Set up the steamer and bring to a boil. Meanwhile, coat the steaming dish with cooking oil. Tip: use a shallow dish to steam for the mince to cook through faster.