Cider Can Chicken. Put the chicken on top of the can of cider by inserting it into the cavity and pulling the chicken right down, ensuring it's stable. Place a cast iron pan over indirect heat on a grill preheated to medium-high. However, this Smoked Hard Cider Beer Can Chicken is an easily adaptable recipe.
Use a can opener to take off the top of the can of beer. Pour out half the beer (tip into a glass to drink!) and leave the rest in the can, as it will keep the chicken moist while it cooks. Pop the chicken onto the can, legs down, so that it looks like it is sitting upright with the can in its cavity. You can cook Cider Can Chicken using 17 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cider Can Chicken
- It’s of Meat.
- Prepare 1 of Whole roasting chicken.
- You need of Liquid.
- It’s 1 of tall boy of cider.
- Prepare of Dry seasoning.
- Prepare 1 cup of brown sugar.
- You need 1 pinch of Cayanne pepper.
- It’s 2 tsp of paprika.
- You need 1 tbs of garlic powder.
- It’s 1 tbs of onion powder.
- It’s 2 ounces of olive oil.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- Prepare to taste of Pepper.
- It’s 1 tbs of rosemary.
- Prepare 1 tbs of thyme.
- You need of Cooking equipment.
- Prepare of Large pan for catching drippings.
Place the can on a flat surface. Gently massage the chicken with the rub and maneuver the chicken's cavity over the cider can. Place the chicken into the centre of the BBQ grate on the side where the burners are off (indirect heat), balancing the chicken a bit like a tripod on the can and two legs. Smoked BBQ Cider Can Chicken This is a paleo take on one of my favorite summer recipes of all time.
Cider Can Chicken instructions
- Preheat oven 300 degrees, remove middle rack to allow the chicken to fit to your oven. Make sure you did this before it gets hot..
- Combine all dry seasoning until combine, and add olive oil. Set mixture to the side..
- Take chicken out of packaging. Remove any gizzard, hearts, or other pieces that might be in the chicken. You can dispose of them, or save them for a giblet gravy cause you know waste not want not. Give the chicken a good rinse off and thought pat dry..
- Takes the mixture of seasoning and olive oil, and give the chicken a good rub down. Make sure to get it all over every nook and cranny..
- Remove about half of the cider can contents into a cup set aside. Place seasoned chicken on the tall boy, then both on to large pan for drippings. Pour the other half of the content from the tall boy into the pan. Place the chicken whilst on the pan into the oven, and go ahead and close it..
- Cook chicken for about 30-40 minutes, or until juices run clear and chicken is fully cooked. Cook time may vary based on oven. After it has fully cooked let sit for about 10 minutes, then dig in! I hope you enjoy it..
- If you have any suggestions please feel free to express, thanks!.
I use cider because I like the flavor cider gives, but to be honest you could use beer if you like. You're not going to transfer any gluten from the steaming of the beer. You can do it without adding the wood chips and Any cider that is left in the can after roasting gets tipped into the roasting tin to blend with the chicken juices for a lazy gravy. Carefully remove chicken from pan and gently twist cider can to remove. The result, a tender chicken marinated to perfection bird, with layered flavors thanks to the cider's ability to balance natural apple sweetness and subtle dryness.