Spiced Paleo Yule Log. Great recipe for Spiced Paleo Yule Log.. To roll your log simply use the baking paper and tea towel to gently coax the sponge into a roll, short end to short end. This gluten free and paleo friendly chocolate roulade recipe is a beautiful dessert.
Christmas Yule Log Christmas Desserts Holiday Treats Christmas Fun Holiday Fun Holiday Recipes Christmas Things Holiday Foods Xmas. Eggnog Yule Log Recipe: This eggnog yule log is a creative take on the classic rolled cake—and an extra festive way to enjoy your eggnog this holiday season! Recipe courtesy Robin Sue of Big Red Kitchen. You can have Spiced Paleo Yule Log using 12 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Spiced Paleo Yule Log
- You need 6 of Eggs.
- It’s 1 tsp of Vanilla Extract.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Cinnamon Powder.
- It’s 150 grams of Honey.
- It’s 50 grams of Raw Cacao Powder.
- Prepare 200 grams of Cooked Chestnuts (pureed).
- Prepare 25 grams of Honey.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Raw Cacao Powder.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Coconut Cream.
- You need 1 tbsp of Raw Cacao Powder.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Cinnamon Powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Mixed Spice.
See great recipes for Spiced Paleo Yule Log, Buche de Noel too! This gluten-free, no-bake gingerbread buche de noel is an icebox cake yule log that's beyond easy to make and tastes amazing. No one will guess you didn't even turn on your oven! A few years ago when I spent my first Christmas with Ben's family in Chattanooga, we started a tradition of making a yule log cake.
Spiced Paleo Yule Log instructions
- Preheat the oven to 160°C, 320°F.
- Line a Swiss roll tin or low sided baking tray with baking paper, leaving enough to hand over the top and bottom edges..
- Whisk the egg yolks with the honey and vanilla until pale and creamy..
- Wash the beaters and in a separate bowl beat the egg whites until they form stiff peaks, this will take around 5 minutes..
- Fold the cacao powder and cinnamon powder into the egg yolk mixture, then fold the egg whites in..
- Pour into your lined tin and bake for 20 minutes..
- Once cooked remove from the oven and cover with a sheet of baking powder followed by a damp tea towel, leave to cool..
- To make the filling: pop all of the filling ingredients into a food processor and whizz until a thick smooth puree has formed. Set to one side..
- To assemble your roll: Once the sponge is completely cool cover the top with a chopping board and flip. Peel off the under layer of paper..
- Cover the entire piece of sponge with a nice thick layer of filling working to the edges..
- To roll your log simply use the baking paper and tea towel to gently coax the sponge into a roll, short end to short end. Once rolled trim top and bottom to neaten if needed..
- Dust your roll with the cacao spice mix and top with a sprig of holly!.
A Yule log or bûche de Noël is a traditional dessert served near Christmas, especially in France, Quebec. Christmas Yule Log Cake / Buche De Noel. A thick and luscious layer of dense chocolate sponge cake is wrapped around a layer of mouse or chantilly cream, dusted with cocoa powder and often finished. See great recipes for Blue cheese chive butter log, Salmon Yule Log too! When I was four, I remember poring over my mom's food magazines and dreaming of a chocolate roll filled with sweetened whipped cream (I was also a bit obsessed with the Martha Stewart cookbooks, perhaps foreshadowing what was to come later in life!).