American Style Pancakes. Easy, American-style, fluffy pancakes are great for feeding a crowd at breakfast or brunch. Top with something sweet like fruit, jam or syrup, or rashers of crispy bacon. Try our easy tips for giving the American pancake recipe a twist.
I love them with the syrup alone, but if you do want bacon, I think streaky is best. You can easily cook these pancakes by dolloping the batter onto a hot griddle (smooth, nor ridged, side) or heavy based pan. For US cup measures, use the toggle at the top of the ingredients list. You can have American Style Pancakes using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of American Style Pancakes
- It’s 250 grams of Self raising flour.
- It’s 1 1/4 tsp of Baking powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Sugar.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Vanilla extract.
- You need 1 of Egg.
- Prepare 1 cup of Milk – or as needed.
Blueberry pancakes (above) are great but you must try the corn pancakes. On one condition – you must use fresh corn. To do this, remove the outer leaves and carefully run a knife down the cob – this will loosen all the lovely pieces of corn – and sprinkle these raw over your pancake, before. Sieve flour and salt into a bowl, stir in the sugar (if using).
American Style Pancakes step by step
- Add flour, salt, and baking powder to bowl and mix..
- Make a well in the middle and crack in the egg..
- Whisk together and add milk, add more milk for thinner pancakes.
- Leave to stand, covered for half an hour..
- Drop tablespoons into a nonstick pan on a medium heat, and flip when bubbles form on the top..
- Serve with warmed maple syrup and a scoop of good vanilla ice cream.
Add the egg and beat while adding the milk. Cover and allow to stand for about an hour. Heat a little oil on a pan and drop spoonfuls of batter onto pan. When mixture is puffed and bubbling on top, turn and cook on other side. Serve warm with your favourite toppings.