Healthy oatmeal cookies. Cuz these are not your ordinary oatmeal cookies! In fact, they are so healthy, I think you could very well refer to them as portable oatmeal! Not only that, but they also happen to taste absolutely fantastic.
Classic oatmeal cookies involve LOTS of brown sugar and butter. We started by playing with different ways to sweeten the cookies, as well as using part coconut oil and part butter. Healthy cookies can be tricky to figure out, and this one was no exception. You can have Healthy oatmeal cookies using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Healthy oatmeal cookies
- It’s 1 1/4 cup of oats.
- You need 1 cup of whole wheat flour.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of cinnamon powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/4 cup of applesauce.
- It’s 4 tbsp of unsalted butter, melted.
- You need 1 of large egg.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1/2 cup of honey.
- It’s 1/3 cup of chocolate chips.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of raisins.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of walnuts or pecans, well chopped.
It went through rounds and rounds of testing. The sweetness in this recipe comes from the carrots, apples How to Make Healthy Oatmeal Cookies Step-by-Step. Grate the apple and carrot using a grater or. Healthy Oatmeal Cookies – easy, stir-together healthy oatmeal chocolate chip cookies that taste SO GOOD, they are truly miraculous!
Healthy oatmeal cookies step by step
- Whisk flour, oats, baking powder, cinnamon powder and salt together..
- In another bowl, combine the applesauce, butter, egg, vanilla extract and honey..
- Combine the wet ingredients with flour mix. Fold in chocolate chips, walnuts and raisins. The mixture will be wet the sticky. Place the batter in the fridge for 30 minutes or upto 3 days..
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Place the parchment paper on the baking sheet. Remove the dough from the fridge and drop the dough into 1 1/2 inch balls spacing it out to 1 inch. Gently flatten the balls with the fingers to be about 3/4 inch thick..
- Bake the cookies until golden and firm, for about 10-15 minutes. Once done let them cool for few minutes before transferring them and enjoy a healthy snack..
These vegan oatmeal cookies are dense, hearty, thick. Healthy Oatmeal Cookie GranolaJoy Filled Eats. Oatmeal Cookies With No Flour No Sugar Recipes. Coconut and Oat BiscuitsAs receitas lá de casa. While I love a classic oatmeal chocolate chip cookie, sometimes I'm looking for a cleaner alternative that isn't loaded with sugar, butter and flour.