Stove Top Beef Stew. How to Make Classic Stovetop Beef Stew. The first step is what makes this recipe unique and ensures a fabulous result. A delicious assortment of dry seasonings are combined to create a mixture that is added in layers to the stew.
How do you make beef stew on the stove top? The beauty of this quick and easy dinner recipe is that it is fairly simple to make. There are a few steps that you have to follow but they are easy. You can have Stove Top Beef Stew using 9 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Stove Top Beef Stew
- Prepare 2 lb of Lean Beef Stew Meat.
- It’s 4 large of Red Skin Potatoes.
- Prepare 2 cup of crinkle cut carrots.
- You need 32 oz of Beef Stock.
- It’s 2 cup of Jasmine Rice.
- Prepare 2 cup of Flour.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Lemon Pepper.
- You need 1 tbsp of Seasoning Salt.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Black Pepper.
This recipe is also pretty forgiving, meaning if you make a mistake or forget to add something, it will still turn out delicious. Easy stove top beef stew with red wine is a hearty and flavorful winter soup you can make in a Dutch oven that will leave you warm and cozy on a cold day! So it's only a few days since Thanksgiving, and you, like I, are probably still full of turkey. In a large saucepan, combine the pot roast dinner, tomatoes, broth, wine, celery, pepper and marjoram.
Stove Top Beef Stew step by step
- Wash and pat dry Stew Meat.
- Season Stew Meat With Your Seasonings.
- Shake Stew Meat In Flour.
- Heat Cast Iron Skillet With Enough Canola Oil To Coat Bottom Of Skillet.
- Place Stew Meat In Skillet and Brown On All Sides. Remove Meat And Drain On Paper Towel. Wash Out Skillet And Put Stew Meat Back In Skillet..
- Pour 16oz Of Beef Stock In Skillet. Turn heat to mefium high and bring to a boil stirring occasionally..
- Clean and Cut up the potatoes in cubes keep skin on potatoes. Put potatoes and carrots into skillet stir into stew meat and gravy mix. Pour 4oz of beef stock in and lower heat to bring to a simmer..
- Cook rice according to directions on bag..
- Allow to simmer while stirring occasionally for 90 minutes or until your potatoes and carrots are tender..
- You can use the remaing stock if you would like a more brothy stew rather than a thicker gravy feel..
- Pour stew over rice and serve while hot..
This Classic Homemade Beef Stew is an absolute favorite at our house. My mom used to make a big pot of homemade beef stew for us on the weekends as soon as the weather got cooler. It became one of our favorite cold weather foods – thick, hearty and the best comforting bowl of goodness. Heat the vegetable oil in a Dutch oven or large kettle; add the beef, seasoned salt, and chopped onions. Season the beef on both sides with salt and pepper.