Healthy-ish American Shepherd's Pie. Best Ever American Shepherd's Pie Recipe. I would not have posted unless I tried it and found it delicious and different from the other sheperd pie recipes on this site. Will be a regular during the chili months in buffalo!
The Best Homemade Shepherd's Pie: Easy Simple Shepherd's Pie Recipe. See great recipes for Easy Traditional Irish Shepherd's Pie too! Shepherds Pie is an old English classic main dish that is welcome at the table anytime of the year. You can cook Healthy-ish American Shepherd's Pie using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Healthy-ish American Shepherd's Pie
- You need 2 head of of Cauliflower.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Milk.
- You need 2 tbsp of Butter.
- You need 2 lb of Ground Turkey or Chicken.
- It’s 1 of Onion.
- It’s 25 of small Carrots, or so.
- You need of Garlic (Powder or Fresh).
- You need 2 tbsp of Olive Oil.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Worcestershire Sauce.
- It’s 1/2 can of Beef or Chicken Broth.
- Prepare 1 cup of Shredded Cheese (I tried Mozz this time.).
- You need of Salt and Pepper.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of flour.
The combination of ground beef, worcestershire sauce, mushrooms covered in a buttery mash potato make it a highly desirable dish. Before you ask, there is a difference between "Cottage Pie" and "Shepherd's Pie", and it's the meat that is used. This American shepherds pie is a great way to celebrate St. It is made with hamburger but you could use lamb or mutton.
Healthy-ish American Shepherd's Pie step by step
- Start the cauliflower mash. Boil a pot of water then add cauliflower. Let cook approx 10-15 minutes, or until soft..
- Start Meat. Sauté with oil: onion and carrots, then garlic. Add meat, and lightly brown. Add flour, then Worcestershire sauce and broth. Add salt and pepper as needed..
- You can add green beans and corn to meat pan..
- Drain cauliflower, add milk, butter and salt and pepper as needed. Blend in blender until reaches mashed potato -like consistency..
- Grease 2-3 qt casserole dish. Add layer of meat, then layer of cheese, then cauliflower mash on top. Make sure cauliflower mash covers to the sides so meat does not boil out and cause a mess. Add a dash of paprika on top..
- Bake at 400°F for 25-30 minutes. Let cool for 10 mins..
This is the way my family likes it. Shepherd's Pie is a recipe your family will enjoy anytime. Shepherd's pie – perfect comfort food for cold winter days. Follw this recipe to learn how to make perfect shepherd's pie. Printable Version: https://www.the. "Now you will no longer have trouble making Shepherd pie at home for your family or for selling your business.