Indian spiced stew with chicken and potatoes. A delicious Indian Spiced Chicken Stew, with potatoes, tomatoes and a blend of Indian spices slow cooked for a complete and comforting meal. I spied this Indian Spiced Chicken Stew in the latest Bon Apetit and immediately slotted it in for an upcoming meal. We enjoyed it for dinner last night and.
Try and find those adorable little baby potatoes, which are so damn. Mmmm these spicy and aromatic flavours are perfect to warm up the soul on these cold wintery days! Indian Spiced Chicken Stew – Seasons and SuppersYou can find indian spices and more on our website. You can cook Indian spiced stew with chicken and potatoes using 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Indian spiced stew with chicken and potatoes
- You need 3 of medium chicken breasts trimmed.
- It’s 1/2 pound of baby potatoes halved.
- Prepare 3 of red chiles minced.
- Prepare 4 of garlic cloves minced.
- You need of Small onion fine chopped.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of ginger grated.
- It’s Cup of heavy whip.
- You need 32 oz of chicken stock.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of tomato puree.
- You need 3 tbsp of tomato paste.
- It’s 2 tbsp of garam masala.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of cumin.
- You need 2 tbsp of turmeric.
- It’s 1 1/2 tbsp of coriander.
- Prepare of Salt and pepper.
- You need of Lemon.
Indian Spiced Chicken Stew – Seasons and Suppers. Indian Spiced Stew with Chicken and Potatoes in a Creamy Tomato Sauce -hearty and warming for this chilly weather! This simple and healthy recipe packs a punch full of flavour and is a great alternative to an indulgent curry for any night of the week. A stew full of not only chicken and potatoes but carrots, onion, mushrooms, mixed veggies and a smattering of herbs and spices.
Indian spiced stew with chicken and potatoes step by step
- Salt and pepper and sear chicken in a ditch oven on both sides and remove.
- Add all veggies until the onions are browned, about 15 minutes..
- Add tomato paste and seasonings until the paste turns brown, about 5 minutes..
- Add chicken, stock, purée, tomato paste and heavy cream, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil and cover partially and reduce heat and simmer. Cook about an hour until chicken is about ready to fall apart and pull it out and pull into but sized pieces..
- Add potatoes, cover and simmer for about 30 minutes and add chicken back and cook until potatoes are tender.
- Juice half a lemon and simmer for 10 minutes and pull off the heat and serve with cilantro, yogurt and naan bread.
It is fine to For the seasonings I substituted sage for oregano thyme rosemary and Adobo. I sauteed the chicken with Adobo poultry seasoning and italian seasoning blend. Spiced potatoes, chickpeas and carrots are simmered in a savory vegetable broth with spinach and plump raisins to make this hearty Indian Chickpea Stew! My favorite part of this chickpea and potato stew (other than the garam masala, of course) are the plump, sweet raisins. I love when a dish has a.