Vegan Caramelized Onion Quiche. This easy sweet and savory Caramelized Onion Vegan Quiche is made with tofu and has a chickpea flour crust. Caramelized onions are one of my favorite ingredients. They take any dish to the next level.
Caramelized Onion Quiche is the perfect addition to your next brunch or luncheon. Gruyere cheese and bacon combine with caramelized onions for a quiche that can't be beat. Flat-leaf parsley, chives, and mint add a fresh, pretty finish to this tasty dish. You can cook Vegan Caramelized Onion Quiche using 16 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vegan Caramelized Onion Quiche
- You need of Crust:.
- Prepare 250 g of AP flour.
- You need 3/4 tsp of salt.
- You need 3/4 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 100 ml of oil (I used half olive oil, half neutral oil).
- You need 100 ml of warm tap water.
- You need of Quiche filling:.
- You need 1 package of soft tofu (about 300g), drained for 10 min.
- It’s 500-700 g of onions, sliced.
- Prepare 1 package of smoked tofu, pressed.
- Prepare of (to taste) salt, soy sauce, black pepper, paprika, turmeric.
- It’s of (to taste) garlic powder, Italian herbs.
- It’s 2 tbsp of nutritional yeast (optional).
- It’s 1 tbsp of sugar (or a bit less).
- You need 1 tbsp of cornstarch mixed in a bit of water.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of black salt (optional).
Caramelized Onion, Mushroom & Swiss Quiche In a decidedly un- me move, I made scratch pie crust the other night (the real gluten-y kind, true story). And then I used that crust to make this fantastic, fluffy, easy quiche with mushrooms, thyme, Swiss cheese and specifically these caramelized onions. Remove from heat and fold the onions and broccoli into the liquid quiche mixture. Pour the mixture into the prepared cake pan and sprinkle the vegan cheese on top, if using.
Vegan Caramelized Onion Quiche instructions
- Put all crust ingredients in a Tupperware container. Close it tightly with a lid and shake vigorously until a ball of dough comes together..
- Tip dough in a parchment-lined pie pan. Flatten with your hands and prick with a fork. Blind bake for about 10 min in a 350°F/180°C oven. Leave to cool..
- Cook onions and sugar low and slow. Season with ingredients listed above. Add tofu, soy sauce, nutritional yeast and black salt (if using). Set aside..
- In a separate pan, mix tofu and cornstarch slurry. Cook for a few minutes until thickened..
- To assemble: put 2/3 of the onion mixture on the crust, then pour the tofu mixture over it and finally arrange the remaining onion mixture. Bake covered for 20 min, then uncovered in a 180°C oven for 15 min or until set. Enjoy at room temperature :).
Spread caramelized onions with remaining butter onto pastry crust. Place crumbled bacon evenly over the top. Spoon the caramelised onions evenly over the base of the pastry case. Pour in the bacon mixture, then scatter with the remaining cheese, the thyme sprigs and a little nutmeg. To make the crust, combine flour and salt in a bowl.