Chicken_Moghrabiyeh #Lebanese_Couscous. Moghrabieh is a traditional Lebanese dish of wheat semolina dough pearls, chick peas, onions, and chicken (or beef) in a spiced broth. Moghrabieh literally translates to "from Morocco." Not to confuse you, but Moghrabieh is both the name of the dough pearls as well as the name of the final dish. Moghrabieh refers to both the grains and the finished dish.
Moghrabieh keeps very well in the fridge for several days without loss of flavor and can be reheated in. I bought some giant cous cous – Moghrabieh – and wasn't sure what to do with it. Moghrabieh is also known as Lebanese, Israeli and Giant Couscous. You can cook Chicken_Moghrabiyeh #Lebanese_Couscous using 20 ingredients and 20 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken_Moghrabiyeh #Lebanese_Couscous
- Prepare 1 of whole chicken chopped as desired.
- Prepare 1 kg of Moghrabiyeh.
- Prepare 2 cups of chickpeas (soak overnight night).
- You need 1 kg of small onions (chopped).
- Prepare 4 tbsp of oil.
- It’s 1 tbsp of ghee.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of caraway.
- You need 1 tsp of cinnamon powder.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 8 cups of water.
- You need of spices used to boil the chicken:.
- It’s stick of Cinnamon.
- Prepare 3 of bay leaves.
- Prepare 4 of cardamom seeds.
- You need of To cook Moghrabiyeh:.
- It’s 2 tbsp of ghee and oil.
- It’s 1 tbsp of caraway.
- You need 1/2 tsp of cinnamon powder.
- You need of To garnish:.
- You need 1 cup of fried nuts.
After looking for some recipes, I decided to throw caution to the wind and create my own dish based on what I'd read and what I like. The result was delicous, so thought I'd better write it down before I forget it. The Moghrabieh is like small round. Free online calorie counter and diet plan.
Chicken_Moghrabiyeh #Lebanese_Couscous step by step
- Clean the chicken.
- In a suitable pot, pour 8 cups of water and add the chicken.
- When boiled, remove the foam that appears on the surface.
- Add the spices, mentioned above.
- Add caraway and cardamom.
- Add chickpeas and onions.
- Keep on low heat for 40 mins.
- Put the Moghrabiyeh in a aluminium strainer (same size as the chicken pot) above the chicken pot.
- Keep it for 15 mins while stirring continuously using a fork.
- Remove the Moghrabiyeh from the strainer and put in another pot, add the ghee, and salt, keeping on a low heat for 15 mins.
- Pour above some chicken broth and stir continuously until it’s tender.
- Add spices (caraway and cinnamon powder) and mix well.
- Remove the chicken and separate from the bones, then chop into medium size pieces..
- Transfer the Moghrabiyeh to a serving dish, place the chicken pieces, onion, and chickpeas..
- Garnish with fried nuts.
- Served with chicken-chickpeas and onion.
- Sauce: melt 1 tbsp of corn starch in 1/4 cup of water.
- Pour a suitable quantity of broth (has some chickpeas and onions).
- Keep on stove until well consist..
- By: Norma Al Ali.
Lose weight by tracking your caloric intake quickly and easily. See great recipes for Semolina dough grains with chicken – moghrabieh too! In a large pot, sauté onions in canola oil until transparent. Lebanese Moghrabieh Recipe – المغربية بالدجاج على الطريقة اللبنانية Uploaded By SmileyGirl. In a large oven plate, put butter and the Moghrabieh.