Basic Tomato Bruschetta Dip. Add Hummus On These Toasted Bread Slices Make For A Delicious Appetizer. Olive Oil, Parsley, And Bread Is All You Need To Make This Easy Appetizer. Browse Our Fast & Easy Appetizers Recipes Collection.
Ever find your basic tomato bruschetta getting a little unwieldy to eat, what with all those little pieces of tomato falling off everywhere? I did, so I started making a dip of it instead. Finely mince a large beefsteak tomato and put it in a bowl,. You can cook Basic Tomato Bruschetta Dip using 6 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Basic Tomato Bruschetta Dip
- You need 1 of large beefsteak tomato (or 2 Roma types), finely chopped and mashed up with a fork.
- It’s 1 of small clove garlic.
- Prepare 7 leaves of fresh basil, finely chopped plus a whole leaf or two for garnish (you can use 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon dry basil).
- You need 1/8 teaspoon of kosher salt to start.
- You need of olive oil.
- It’s of lemon or balsamic if needed for more tartness.
Classic tomato bruschetta is so delicious, you'd never guess it was so easy! You can whip up my favorite appetizer in just a few minutes- and do most of the work ahead of time! This easy Bruschetta Recipe is delicious appetizer and perfect for serving on toast, crackers, or as a dip with chips. During the summer months we usually have tomatoes coming out of our ears, and that means an abundance of tomato sandwiches, fresh salsa, sauces and this Bruschetta Recipe.
Basic Tomato Bruschetta Dip instructions
- After you chop your tomatoes, either take the back of a fork and mash them up a bit or use your knife in a rocking action to mash them. Doing this will give your dip some thickness and body to stick to your bread..
- Put the tomatoes in a medium bowl and grate a small clove (or half a regular one) into the bowl. Preferable to grate rather than chop so you don't get chunks of garlic in the mixture..
- Add salt and chopped basil, stir, give it a taste, and adjust seasoning if needed..
- Pour a good glug or two of olive oil into the bowl (1.5 to 2 Tablespoons is good)..
- Garnish with fresh basil and serve with bread of choice..
You can make classic tomato-basil bruschetta at home with simple, fresh ingredients. In a large bowl, combine oil, basil, garlic, salt and pepper. But no matter what the weather is like, easy tomato bruschetta with balsamic glaze is the perfect dish to add some colour and excitement to your table. Bruschetta is all about getting the perfect blend of tomatoes, onions, garlic and basil together and immersing them in olive oil to bring out their intense flavours. While chips and salsa are my go-to appetizer, especially when you're talking this copycat Chili's salsa or the always crowd-pleasing cowboy caviar, I'm not picky.