Sweet potato cakes. Sift together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, nutmeg and salt. Sweet potato: Leave it unpeeled for now. You will peel it after it's cooked.
Your first step is to microwave a sweet potato. It's a lightly spiced cake, similar to carrot cake, but made with sweet potatoes and oh so moist. I've been wanting to recreate the Southern Sweet Potato Cake for a while now, so a few months back I set out to conquer it. You can have Sweet potato cakes using 5 ingredients and 1 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sweet potato cakes
- You need 5 cup of grated sweet potatoes.
- You need 2 large of eggs.
- It’s 1/2 small of onion, chopped.
- You need 1 tsp of cinnamon.
- Prepare 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
Sweet Potato Cake Sweet potatoes are not only tasty and versatile, they're good for you as well. Family and friends never mind eating a nutritious vegetable when it's part of this easy-to-prepare dessert, I like to serve this as a snack cake or breakfast coffee cake.—Kathy Theriot, St. Martinville, Louisiana Mashed sweet potatoes, spices, buttermilk, and golden raisins flavor this tender layer cake. Frost with buttercream or cream cheese frosting.
Sweet potato cakes instructions
- Mix all ingredients in large bowl. Cook with coconut oil on griddle or pan over medium heat. Take small handfuls of mixture drop on skillet gently press into cakes. Cook roughly 3-5 min. per side or until golden brown. Makes about 12 cakes.
In another bowl, whisk flour, baking soda, spices and salt; gradually beat into egg mixture. Place the sweet potato chunks, soy sauce, flour, spring onions, chilli in a mixing bowl. Cheesy Mashed Sweet Potato Cakes are the perfect snack! Cheesy on the inside, so crispy on the outside and so easy to make! The only difference with these is all the CHEESE!