Chicken Mac casserole. Cook over medium heat until cheese melts; stir in chicken and macaroni; taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper. Beat in flour, onion salt, garlic salt and pepper with whisk until thickened. Stir in macaroni, chicken and frozen broccoli.
Combine bread crumbs and butter; sprinkle over top of casserole. In a large saucepan, melt butter. Remove from the heat; add cheese; stir until melted. You can cook Chicken Mac casserole using 6 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken Mac casserole
- Prepare 12 oz of cooked shredded chicken (I used one pack of Schwan's).
- It’s 1 box of Deluxe Kraft creamy Alfredo Mac n cheese.
- You need 1/2 cup of milk.
- You need 1 box of cornbread stuffing mix.
- Prepare of Butter.
- It’s of Water.
Add the macaroni, chicken, pimientos, salt and pepper. I love that you don't have to pre-cook the pasta. The original recipe called for curry powder but I also like it with chili powder for something totally different (if using chili powder, you will want to double the amount). Also a good use for that leftover holiday turkey!
Chicken Mac casserole step by step
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees..
- Make Mac n Cheese following box directions..
- Make cornbread stuffing following box directions for microwave- cook for only half of the time..
- Pour Mac n cheese into a casserole dish. I just mixed the Mac n cheese in a casserole dish to save on this step..
- Add 1/2 cup milk and a few tbsp of melted butter to Mac n cheese..
- Mix shredded chicken in to Mac n cheese..
- Cover with cornbread stuffing mix..
- Bake, uncovered for 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, melt butter in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. How to make Mac and Cheese: If you love a creamy, homemade baked mac and cheese, then you're going to love how quickly this dinner comes together! You get the rich, satisfying taste of the mac and cheese that you adore, plus the lean, filling protein from the chicken, all in the ease of a dump-and-bake casserole. Store-bought Rotisserie Chicken – shred and satue with ranch seasoning. HOW CAN YOU PREP AHEAD CHICKEN BACON RANCH MAC AND CHEESE?