Ham and Beans with Potatoes and Cornbread. Thick, creamy Ham and Corn Chowder made without cream! Meanwhile, chop celery, onions, carrots and potatoes. Do the potatoes last or soak them in water so they don't turn brown.
Great recipe for Ham and Beans with Potatoes and Cornbread. This is just a good ole country southern meal that I'm used to and my family loves soooo I thought I would share it with you and I wanted to try it in the Instant Pot #Ham #greenbeans #bacon 😋😋😋 #cornbread Can't tell you how good the. Southern-Style Green Beans and Potatoes with Ham. You can have Ham and Beans with Potatoes and Cornbread using 13 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Ham and Beans with Potatoes and Cornbread
- Prepare 1 of smoked Ham (or just use a ham steak).
- You need of Fresh Green Beans (as many as you want).
- You need of Red potatoes (not too many).
- Prepare 1 pack of smoked bacon (reserve the grease).
- Prepare 1 stick of butter (cut up).
- It’s 1 of medium onion.
- Prepare 4 cloves of garlic.
- It’s 2 of chicken bouillon cubes (crushed).
- It’s of Water (I used 2 bottled waters).
- You need of Garlic salt.
- You need of Black pepper.
- It’s 1 tsp of white sugar.
- You need of Cornbread.
If you like the texture of green beans more on the soft side than tender crisp, cook the green beans for a few minutes before adding potatoes. This recipe is great side for a special occasion or holiday meal. It's also perfect for a weeknight one pot meal. I love these beans with warm buttered cornbread and skillet fried potatoes, Leftover beans are just as good if not better the next day.
Ham and Beans with Potatoes and Cornbread instructions
- Go through your beans and cut off the ends and cut them the way you like then soak them in water.
- Cut up your ham the way you like your pieces reserving any you don't use including the bone in a Ziploc bag in the freezer.
- Set your oven to 400 degrees and place the whole pack of bacon on a baking sheet Cook it anywhere from 15-20 minutes depending on your oven and depending on the cut of the bacon.
- When done place bacon to drain and reserve the grease then start making your corn bread and put it in the oven (that is another recipe).
- Wash and scrub your potatoes and leave them whole or cut up if too big.
- Cut up onion and garlic and set aside and cut your bacon into tiny pieces for later.
- Pour the water out from your beans and add to the pot then add bacon grease and stir to coat them well with the grease.
- Then add your water, chicken bouillon cubes, onion, garlic, garlic salt, pepper and sugar to the pot.
- Then put in your ham and stir then add potatoes and butter then lock it up and set for 30 minutes on pressure cook.
- When done add bacon pieces and stir ENJOY 😋💋💗.
- Don't forget to take your corn bread out of the oven !! 😝.
- Cooks note* If you don't like your ham cooked anymore than it already is in the package then don't add it until the beans and potatoes are done then set to pressure cook for 3 minutes with the beans and potatoes after all a smoked ham is already cooked.
Remove the ham bone or pork hocks and set aside, once cool enough to handle, pull any meat off and add to pot. If your ham bone or hock is good and meaty, you likely won't need to add in any extra ham, but if it isn't, you'll definitely want to add some additional chopped country ham, tasso, or smoked ham to the beans. Green Beans and Potatoes Recipe – How to Make Southern Style String Beans and Potatoes This string beans and potato recipe is an old family favorite. It is southern cooking at it's best. This soup always makes me think of summers on the farm.