Cream of Chicken, Cheese and Broccoli over Rice. The rice cooks slowly in the pan, absorbing the liquid, releasing its starches, and creating this great creamy consistency. With an optional sprinkle of cheese on top, the end result is a one-pot Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole that looks (and tastes) like you spent hours slaving over a hot stove! This Instant Pot / Pressure Cooker Cheesy Chicken and Broccoli recipe features chunky, bite-size pieces of chicken and crisp-tender broccoli, smothered in a creamy cheese sauce and served over fluffy white rice.
Half cup milk, half cup sour cream, lots of pepper. Recipe Notes For The Best Chicken And Rice Casserole: General: Honestly, this couldn't be easier to fix. It really should be called Easy Broccoli Chicken Rice Casserole! You can have Cream of Chicken, Cheese and Broccoli over Rice using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Cream of Chicken, Cheese and Broccoli over Rice
- Prepare 1 1/2 lbs of skinless boneless chicken meat of choice cut in to bite sized pieces.
- You need of Salt, pepper, onion and garlic powders and paprika to taste, I season pretty heavily.
- It’s 3 tbsp of flour.
- You need 2 cups of milk, approximately.
- It’s of Olive oil.
- Prepare 4 oz of cream cheese, cubed.
- Prepare 1 cup of shredded sharp cheddar.
- It’s 1 (10 oz) of bag frozen broccoli.
- You need 2 of chopped green onions, whites and greens.
First, mix together your ingredients in a bowl, top the mixture with cheddar cheese then some buttery panko bread crumbs, bake et viola! It's cheesy, it's comforting, loaded with broccoli and super simple to make! I wanted to share with you another favorite one pot recipe of mine. It has rice, chicken, cheese, and some broccoli.
Cream of Chicken, Cheese and Broccoli over Rice instructions
- Heat up enough oil to brown the chicken, 2-3 tbsp. Spread it into a single layer. Season well. Keep browning until the moisture evaporates and the chicken browns..
- Once the chicken has good color, add the flour. stir and coat. Let that cook for a bit, stirring. Add the milk, cream cheese and cheddar. Bring to a bubble. Add the broccoli then turn the heat down to simmer with a lid on. Stir occasionally to help the cream cheese melt..
- Make rice, however you make yours..
- When your rice is done, spoon the mixture over your rice. The Cajun in me puts chopped green onions on everything 😊.
Creamy Chicken & Broccoli Over Rice is such an easy meal made in the crock pot! Make a healthy slow-cooked dinner for your family with minimal effort! You'll also cook your chicken breast in the broth first, shred then add the homemade cheese sauce. Before serving add sour cream and steamed broccoli. One-Pan Cheesy Chicken, Broccoli, and Rice.