Vegan falafels. A simple, flavorful approach to restaurant-quality falafel! Drain the chickpeas, peel and chop the onion and crush the garlic and add to a food processor. Finely chop the cilantro and add to the food processor with the sesame seeds, salt, pepper, dried chili flakes, coriander powder and cumin. falafel ingredients.
Parsley – You don't have to use parsley and cilantro, you can use only one of them. Making this Mediterranean favorite at home is quick and easy with this Simple Crispy Vegan Falafel recipe. Perfectly crisp on the outside and moist on the inside. You can have Vegan falafels using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Vegan falafels
- Prepare 400 g of canned chickpeas.
- You need handful of chopped onion.
- You need 1 of garlic clove.
- It’s 1 of small lime.
- It’s of sesame oil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of chili powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of cumin.
- Prepare of fresh or ground parsley.
- Prepare of fresh or ground coriander.
- You need 2 tbsp of plain flour.
- Prepare handful of chopped cilantro.
I have been wanting to share a falafel recipe with you for soooooo long now. These little nuggets are not only super healthy, they are also protein-packed and tasty. Use up a can of chickpeas to make some filling vegan falafel. These easy recipes make an ideal lunch, or can be served on a salad or as a party snack.
Vegan falafels instructions
- Add in the chickpeas to a food processor.
- Add in onion, garlic, lime, oil, seasonings, fresh herbs and flour.
- Blend until a smooth consistency with small chunks has been made.
- Wet hands and make into small patty shapes or balls.
- Cook on medium high heat in a pan with oil.
- Serve with pita bread, hummus, greens, tomatoes and vegan mayo.
This raw dehydrated falafel is really delicious, and is an easy healthy alternative to traditional deep-fried falafels. I love serving these falafels with lemon garlic aioli. This recipe is really easy, too. The falafel don't need very much time in the dehydrator. A faster, easy way to make falafel the traditional way!