Spicy Steamed Eggplant & Tofu Salad with Ginger Soy Sauce. Home » chinese vegetarian recipes » Recipes » Steamed Chinese Eggplant with Spicy Lao Gan I used them in this steamed Chinese eggplant recipe. No biggie for you green thumbs out there, but. Eggplant, garlic, green onion, ground black pepper, hot pepper flakes, hot pepper paste, onion, salt, sesame oil, soy sauce, sugar, vegetable oil.
Small Japanese eggplants are cut into "sticks" and barely steamed for a crisp-tender side dish that's good with fish. A recipe for velvety steamed eggplant in a spicy chilli oil sauce. When the eggplant has cooked, transfer it on to the plate that you intend to serve the dish on and set it aside. You can cook Spicy Steamed Eggplant & Tofu Salad with Ginger Soy Sauce using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Spicy Steamed Eggplant & Tofu Salad with Ginger Soy Sauce
- Prepare 1 of eggplant (you can use more).
- You need 1 pack of silk tofu (optional).
- It’s of Sliced bell peppers (optional).
- It’s of Sliced jalapeño (optional).
- Prepare of Chopped cilantro or green onion as your preferred.
- It’s of Seasoning:.
- You need 2 tbsp of soy sauce (less or more).
- It’s of Chopped Thai chili (optional) you can substitute with chili flakes if you like.
- It’s 1 tsp of Ginger powder or you can use fresh grated ginger.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Chicken powder or mushrooms powder.
- It’s of Sesame oil (I don’t use).
If using baby eggplant, peel them. Place in a steamer basket set over a pan of simmering water. Transfer eggplants to a platter, cut side up. This side goes well with any meat you might also be grilling.
Spicy Steamed Eggplant & Tofu Salad with Ginger Soy Sauce instructions
- Boil a water in the steamer. Wash the eggplant drain up and cut into 3-4” long..
- Rinse and pat dry the tofu. Cut it as you desired..
- When the water is boiled then place the eggplants and tofu, steam for about 10-12 minutes until the eggplant cooked through or soft. (You can steam the eggplant and tofu separately if you want).
- Transfer out and arrange it into a plate. Sprinkle bell paper and jalapeño on top..
- Make a sauce by adding soy sauce, ginger, chicken powder in the bowl. Mixed well. Add chopped Thai chili or clili flakes and sesame oil if you use it. Add half of the cilantro. Combined well, and pour on top the eggplant salad..
- Lastly sprinkle the rest of the cilantro as a decoration. And it’s done ✅ Enjoy the Spicy Steamed eggplant and tofu salad along with ginger soy sauce..
- ❤️Happy Cooking❤️.
Tender steamed eggplant is smothered in a gingery garlicky nutty sauce that is slightly sour and This steamed eggplant dish belongs to the same category. It's a dish my mom often makes in the. This sweet-salty-spicy eggplant recipe is a Korean staple. Look for lavender Korean eggplants, or View image. Steamed Eggplant. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility.