H's best crispy stove top potatoes. These Crispy Pan Roasted Potatoes are perfect for breakfast, lunch or dinner! My family enjoys them at least once or twice a week, and yours can too – they couldn't be easier to make. The Best Roasted Potatoes We could eat these roasted potatoes all week!
This is a great and quick way to make red potatoes on the stove top and they still taste like they've been roasted in the oven for a long while. I had see on America's Test Kitchen how they make roasted potatoes, they microwave the potatoes first before the potatoes go in the oven, but then I thought to try them on the stove top. They turned out to be so good, tasted just like they had been on. You can cook H's best crispy stove top potatoes using 5 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of H's best crispy stove top potatoes
- You need 6 of potatoes peeled and sliced medium width.
- It’s 1 of onion finely sliced and chopped.
- Prepare 1 cup of Chicken stock.
- You need 2 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 1 cup of 6 month matured gated cheese.
May also use small Yukon gold or creamer potatoes in place of the red new potatoes. During the final cooking of the roasted potatoes when the pan is covered with the lid, I like to first spread a paper towel on the pan. Slice potatoes into coins about ¼" thick. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oils.
H's best crispy stove top potatoes step by step
- First fry you onions in a little olive oil until golden and crispy. set aside on towelling paper..
- arrange potatoes circularly in a frying pan. and put the cup of chicken stock Over.
- Take the 2 tbs butter and dot it around the potatoes..
- cover with lid and boil until water has evaporated. lift lid and keep coooking..
- finely grate 6 month Mature Cheddar cheese on the potatoes and then sprinkle onions over and fry until bottom of the potatoes are golden and crispy.
Add potatoes and season with rosemary, salt and pepper. I tried it with red potatoes – frying, then steaming with stock – and the potatoes ended up crispy and brown on the cut edges and creamy and delicious on the inside. In this video, I cook a simple, old-time favorite in cast iron – fried potatoes and onions. Featured in this video is my new cast iron AUSfonte sauteuse pan from SOLIDTEKNICS, based in Australia. These Thyme Skillet Potatoes are crispy on the outside and incredibly creamy on the inside.