Fish in coconut curry. Step by step photos for Indian Fish Coconut Curry Recipe from Entice With Spice Cookbook by Shubhra Ramineni. Coconut milk enriches the curry and gives it a tropical flavor. Serve over boiled yuca, potatoes, or rice.
Stir to coat the fish in the spices, then add the coconut milk and bring to a gentle simmer. Stir in the baby spinach leaves, lime juice and season with salt, to taste. This Goan Fish Curry is a warm and tangy fish curry that is cooled with coconut milk. You can cook Fish in coconut curry using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Fish in coconut curry
- You need 2 large of Onions.
- You need 4 of ripe tomatoes.
- You need 5 of finely chopped garlic.
- It’s 1 kg of Sherry Fish.
- It’s 1 bunch of corriander leaves.
- Prepare 1 3/4 cup of Coconut milk.
- You need 2 1/2 tbsp of tomato paste.
- You need 2 tsp of paprika, curry powder, garam masala and tumeric.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground black pepper, chilli flakes.
- It’s 1 of green chilles and bell peppers.
- Prepare pinch of ground cloves and ground ginger.
- You need 1 of salt.
- It’s 3 cup of olive oil.
- You need 1/2 cup of lime or lemon juice.
It's a perfect Indian seafood curry recipe to warm up with! In Goa, the fish curries use coconut milk and mustard oil, making them creamy with a bit of a unique spice. They get a tart tang from tamarind, and they are. Sear the fish filets and put them on a separate plate.
Fish in coconut curry instructions
- Marianet all spices and lemon juice with the fish for 10 minutes. Spare a bit of curry powder and paprika as it will be used in the curry..
- Shallow fry fish in the olive oil and keep aside..
- In another deep pan sautee onions and garlic until golden brown. Add chopped tomatoes and tomatoe paste and stir. As it thickens add the coconut milk and leave to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the rest of the curry powder, paprika and chopped corriander leaves, bell peppers and the green chilles to the mixture..
- Add the fried fish gently and do not stir. Simply pick the deep pan and shake gently to make sure all the fish is covered in curry. Put the lid on and simmer in low heat for 15 minutes. Add salt to taste..
- Serve hot with boiled rice or Naan bread..
Reduce the heat to minimum and add the pepper and onion. Serve with rice, boiled potatoes, chapatti, or broiled cassava. That's why fish curry took precedence over the Pondi trip. Although I have that coming up too. This is the kind of everyday fish curry recipe that you need in your life.