20 minute chicken breast with turnips & anchovy oil. Season chicken with oregano and ¼ tsp of salt and pepper. Remove from oven, and scatter turnips around it; dot them with remaining butter, or drizzle with remaining oil. Tilt pan so juices run out of chicken.
Add carrots, leeks, and turnips and nestle chicken among vegetables. Lightly salt and pepper the chicken breasts. Chicken breasts are tasty, juicy and versatile enough to dress up or down with sauces, seasonings and sides. You can cook 20 minute chicken breast with turnips & anchovy oil using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of 20 minute chicken breast with turnips & anchovy oil
- You need 12 small of turnips, halved.
- Prepare 1 lb of carrots, halved.
- You need 2 lb of chicken breasts, boneless, skinless.
- You need 1 tsp of oregano, dried.
- Prepare 4 of anchovy, fillet.
- It’s 2 clove of garlic.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of lemon juice.
- You need 2 tbsp of chives, fresh.
- Prepare 1 of black pepper.
- You need 1 of kosher salt.
- It’s 1/2 cup of olive oil.
Sweet and smoky flavors mingle in this Moroccan-inspired dish. Chicken breasts seasoned with a paprika-cumin spice blend are pan-seared, then finished in the oven. They're served over an herbaceous chermoula sauce, alongside turnips and cremini mushrooms simmered in coconut milk. A red pepper relish with green olives, pistachios, and parsley garnishes the dish.
20 minute chicken breast with turnips & anchovy oil instructions
- Heat oven to 425°F. Toss turnips, carrots, 2 Tbs of oil and ¼ tsp each of salt and pepper on a rimmed bashing sheet. Roast, tossing once, until tender, 14 – 16 minutes..
- Meanwhile, heat 2 Tbsp of oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Season chicken with oregano and ¼ tsp of salt and pepper. Cook until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest breast registers 165°F, 6 – 8 minutes per side..
- Combine the anchovies, garlic, 4 Tbsp of oil and ¼ tsp each of salt and pepper in a small pot. Cook, stirring, over medium heat, until anchovies are broken down and garlic is fragrant, 1 – 2 minutes. Sir in the lemon juice..
- Serve the chicken and vegetables topped with the anchovy oil and chives..
- Originally posted in Real Simple magazine, September 2014..
Roberta's chef Carlo Mirarchi cooks this chicken in two steps: he starts it whole in a hot oven before separating the legs from the breast and sticking it all on the grill. This (admittedly laborious) process results in perfectly cooked leg and breast meat, infused with smoke from the grill. Thick chicken breast won't cook through over high heat before the exterior noticeably dries out. Instead, a chicken breast needs to be sliced in half, even in three pieces, if it's particularly large and thick. The key is the meat from this cut is delicate and has very little fat, so it must cooked quickly to prevent it going tough and tasteless.