Skillet Rosemary Chicken. Make This Delicious Rosemary Chicken & Potato Recipe Baked To Perfection. Turn the chicken; add the mushrooms and potatoes to the skilled and drizzle with the juice of the remaining lemon. Heat olive oil in a large and heavy nonstick skillet or a cast iron skillet over medium-high heat.
I am always on the lookout for easy meals that can be made all in one pan. I usually buy my chicken in pieces rather than by the. Flip chicken over and transfer skillet to the oven. You can cook Skillet Rosemary Chicken using 9 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Skillet Rosemary Chicken
- Prepare 3/4 lb of red potatoes, halved (or quartered if large).
- Prepare of kosher salt.
- It’s 2 sprigs of fresh rosemary, plus 1 Tbsp leaves.
- It’s 1 of garlic clove, smashed.
- You need 1 pinch of red pepper flakes (or more).
- It’s 2 of lemons, juice of (squeezed halves reserved).
- You need 4 of (6 -8 ounce) skin-on bone-in chicken breasts.
- You need 2 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil.
- It’s 10 ounces of cremini, baby bell or white mushrooms, halved.
Transfer the cooked chicken to a plate. Ingredients are simple when compared to the complex end-result flavors. After searing the chicken thighs in your cast iron skillet, just add white wine, chicken broth, fresh rosemary, bay leaves, garlic and lemon wedges. A savory rosemary and garlic marinade enhances the chicken breasts in this easy skillet recipe from Veronica Snyder of Waterbury, Connecticut. "I like to garnish the chicken with fresh rosemary sprigs and serve it with rice," she says.
Skillet Rosemary Chicken step by step
- Cover the potatoes with cold water in a saucepan and salt the water. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and cook until tender, about 8 minutes; drain and set aside..
- While the potatoes are cooking, preheat the oven to 450°F. Pile the rosemary leaves, garlic, 2 teaspoons salt and the red pepper flakes on a cutting board, then mince and mash into a paste using a large knife. Transfer the paste to a bowl. Stir in the juice of 1 lemon and the olive oil. Add the chicken and turn to coat..
- Heat a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken, skin-side down, cover and cook until the skin browns, about 5 minutes. Turn the chicken; add the mushrooms and potatoes to the skilled and drizzle with the juice of the remaining lemon. Add the rosemary sprigs and the squeezed lemon halves to the skillet; transfer to the oven and roast, uncovered until the chicken is cooked through and the skin in crisp, 20 to 25 minutes..
The chicken is cooked on the stove and finished off in the oven, so make sure you use an ovenproof skillet. Josh likes to use his favorite cast iron skillet. The chicken comes out juicy and tender, every time and you will LOVE the simple creamy lemon rosemary sauce. Sprinkle with lemon juice, rosemary, oregano and pepper. Place a second smaller skillet on top of chicken and weigh it down with soup cans.