General Tso Noodles with Chicken. This slow cooker chicken has all the flavors you love from Chinese takeout, served over egg noodles with crunchy peanuts on top. This isn't General Tso's… So I know that this probably doesn't look like your typical General Tso's that you get for take-out but that's because I didn't bother to fry the chicken. I don't see the point of doing that at home because it splatters everywhere and it's just so much more work than you really need it to be.
Add the chicken and toss to coat well. While chicken is browning, whisk together the sauce ingredients. When all the chicken has browned, return all the chicken to the pan. You can cook General Tso Noodles with Chicken using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of General Tso Noodles with Chicken
- You need 1 of onion (julienne).
- Prepare 1 cup of red cabbage (julienne).
- Prepare 1 of zucchini (sliced).
- You need 1 of carrot (sliced).
- It’s 1 package of mushrooms.
- You need 1 of chicken breast (strips).
- You need 1 bottle of General Tsao sauce (your choice).
- Prepare 1 package of rice noodles.
While the chicken is cooking, cook ramen noodles according to package directions. Toss noodles with the chicken before serving. I usually get the General Tso's Chicken or Singapore Rice Noodle, and the Fried Cream Cheese Crab Wonton are absolutely delicious. The portions usually last me a couple meals, and the service is extremely fast, even during their peak hours.
General Tso Noodles with Chicken step by step
- Stir-fry chicken until medium cooked..
- Add veggies and continue stir-frying process until chicken and veggies are cooked (approximately 20 minutes, but varies)..
- Add General Tso sauce and cook for another 5-10 minutes so it blends with chicken and veggies..
- Cook rice noodles separately (to your own taste).
- Add noodles to General Tso chicken sauce and toss several times..
Cut chicken into chunks, then mix together with cornstarch. For the sauce: Mix together soy sauce, sugar, hoisin, vinegar, cornstarch. For the chicken: In a large bowl, sprinkle the chicken with a pinch of salt and pepper. Add the cornstarch and mix well. For the sweet sauce: In another bowl, add the stock, chili sauce, ketchup.