Mexican Breakfast Burrito. Make Ahead Tip: Wrap prepared burritos in plastic wrap and store in freezer. To reheat, remove burrito from plastic wrap. Place on microwavable plate and cover with damp paper towel.
Garnish with lime wedges, if desired. Make Ahead: Freeze burritos on parchment lined baking sheet. Mexican Breakfast Burritos are semi-homemade breakfast burritos, starting with a Jimmy Dean® Breakfast Bowl. You can have Mexican Breakfast Burrito using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mexican Breakfast Burrito
- Prepare 16 oz. of Lean Ground Beef.
- You need 1 Tbs. of Grated Lime Peel.
- Prepare of Juice of 1 Lime.
- It’s 2 tsp. of Taco Seasoning.
- You need 1 1/2 C. of Onion, chopped.
- You need 3 of Tomatoes, deseeded & diced.
- It’s 2 of Green Bell Pepper, diced.
- It’s 2 Cups of Canned Corn, drained.
- You need 24 of Egg Whites.
- You need 12 of Whole Wheat Tortillas.
- You need 12 Tbs. of Salsa.
- It’s 12 Tbs. of Fat-Free Shredded Cheddar.
I added vegetables and Mexican flavors, making this easy recipe the PERFECT breakfast anytime, but especially for busy school mornings. Don't fret if you don't have access to authentic chorizo. As mentioned, it's the sauce that makes these burritos a repeat. You can use traditional sausage and get an equally good result, as long as you are drenching your burrito in some of this… This sausage breakfast burrito recipe calls for shredded Mexican cheese, but you can easily substitute other types of shredded cheese if you choose, like cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese.
Mexican Breakfast Burrito step by step
- In a skillet, over medium heat, cook beef, lime peel, lime juice and taco seasoning together. Once beef is cooked through, drain. Place in a bowl and set aside..
- In skillet, over medium heat, cook onion and green pepper. Once veggies are tender, add corn and tomato. After about 6-8 minutes add beef mixture to skillet. Mix and cook until beef is heated through..
- While beef mixture is heating through with veggies, take another skillet and heat over medium heat. Add egg whites and scramble them..
- Lay out tortillas, on top each tortilla, place some of the eggs white. Then divide the beef & veggie mixture among each tortilla. Top each with 1 Tbs. salsa and then 1 Tbs. cheese..
To add more flavor to your scrambled eggs, drizzle some hot sauce, to taste, over scrambled eggs when assembling burritos. Find the best Breakfast Burritos near you on Yelp – see all Breakfast Burritos open now and reserve an open table. Breakfast burritos, tacos, tortas, plates, and bowls are here when you're craving Mexican food early. Browse our breakfast menu at Sombrero Mexican Food for the best start to your day! Breakfast burritos, tacos, tortas, plates, and bowls are here when you're craving Mexican food early.