Flavorful Vegan Nacho Cheese. This DAIRY FREE, magic in a bottle is the perfect accompaniment to any dish where cheese could be used. It's a plant based seasoning that is savory and can be used like Parmesan Cheese. Nacho Cheese seasoning goes great on pasta dishes, salads, chicken dishes, veggies, potatoes and of course my favorite: POPCORN!
Blended with nutritional yeast and spices, you get a super flavorful cheese that is perfect on top of enchiladas, with tortilla chips or nachos, and in vegan quesadillas!. If you're newly vegan and desperately miss cheese (I hear you, cheese was tough for me to give up. What is vegan nacho cheese made of? You can have Flavorful Vegan Nacho Cheese using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Flavorful Vegan Nacho Cheese
- You need 2 of Yukon gold potatoes, diced.
- It’s 2 of whole carrots, chopped.
- It’s 1 of yellow onion, halved and sliced.
- It’s 2 cloves of garlic, chopped.
- It’s of canola oil, enough to saute plus some.
- It’s of unsweetened almond milk, enough to float veggies in blender.
- It’s 1/4 c. of nutritional yeast.
- It’s of juice of 1 lemon.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of salt.
- Prepare of generous dash of cayenne.
Cashews: Cashews are the base of this vegan cheese sauce. They provide a creamy consistency and are packed with nutrients. Nutritional yeast: Instead of real cheese, we'll use nutritional yeast. Not only does it have a plant-based cheesy flavor, but it's also loaded with B vitamins.
Flavorful Vegan Nacho Cheese instructions
- Put water on to boil. Cut potatoes and carrots. On a separate board, cut onions and garlic..
- Heat canola oil in pan on low heat. Add potatoes and carrots to boiling water, and onions and garlic to pan..
- Boil/saute for apprx. 10-15 minutes (variations in stoves will determine proper cooking time). Carrots should be soft and onions should brown on edges..
- Add almond milk into blender, covering blade. Add boiled veggies to blender. Fill blender with almond milk until almost covering veggies..
- Add onions and garlic to blender (include oil if desired). Fill blender with oil to cover onions..
- Add lemon juice, nutritional yeast, salt and cayenne to blender. Gradually increase blend speed to highest speed, removing cap if necessary (whipped heat will create pressure, this should not be attempted in a bullet blender). Blend apprx 1-2 minutes depending on blender capabilities. Product should be smooth with only trace specks of cayenne visible..
Some bell pepper, individual spices so that you can adjust the flavor profile rather than depend on a pre-mixed chili powder, nutritional yeast for cheesiness and jalapeno make this a fabulous queso. The Nacho cheese Sauce is very addictive. I make some to serve up with crackers, veggies or tortilla chips. Make my cashew based Nacho cheese sauce from this post. Bring the sauce to boil to thicken.