Tofu Burgers with Colourful Vegetables.
You can have Tofu Burgers with Colourful Vegetables using 13 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Tofu Burgers with Colourful Vegetables
- You need 300 g of tofu.
- Prepare 1 handful of edamame.
- It’s 1/4 of carrot.
- It’s 50 g of purple onion.
- It’s 100 g of bread crumbs.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 pinch of pepper.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of soy sauce.
- You need 1 Tbsp of sake/white wine.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of mirin/sweet sake.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of mayonnaise.
- You need 1 tsp of sugar.
- You need of Starch and water mixture with 1 tsp starch + 1 Tbsp water.
Tofu Burgers with Colourful Vegetables instructions
- Wrap the tofu with a kitchen paper. Let sit to soak up the water from the tofu for more than half an hour..
- Dice the onion and carrot into small pieces. Boil the edamame and remove the beans from their pods if needed, and put the vegetables into a bowl..
- Add the tofu to the same bowl, press and mix well with the vegetables by hand..
- Add breadcrumbs, salt and pepper into the bowl, and mix again by hand..
- Divide the mixture into 7 or 8 balls and then form into burger shaped patties..
- Pour the 1 Tbsp of olive oil into a frying pan and heat. Once hot, add the patties and put on the lid. Cook for about 6 min on a low to medium heat..
- Once the first side has browned, flip the patties and cook for another 6 min or more if needed. Keep the lid on..
- Mix the soy sauce, sake/white wine, mirin, mayonnaise, sugar and starch + water mixture to make the sauce. Finally pour the sauce on the burgers, making sure the sauce coats each burger well. Serve on a warmed plate and enjoy!.