Dal spinach. This simple and easy spinach dal is healthy, wholesome and packed with protein and fiber. Healthy yellow lentils prepared with fresh spinach leaves and spices, Dal Palak Recipe with Spinach & Dal, One-Pot Spinach Dal, Dal Palak, Spinach Dal, palakoora pappu Dal Palak or Spinach Dal is a very simple yet delicious Indian dish made with lentils, spinach, and seasoned with few spices. Learn how to make this flavorful dal palak curry, North Indian style with this easy, step-by-step recipe with pictures.
Dal palak is lentils cooked with spinach & tempered with basic Indian spices. It is made in almost all regions of India with slight variations. This simple protein rich dal palak is served with plain rice, chapati/ roti or different kinds of bhakri. You can cook Dal spinach using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Dal spinach
- Prepare 1 cup of Moong dal.
- Prepare of Spinach.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Cumin seeds.
- You need of Dry red chilli 2nos.
- You need 2 of Garlic.
- You need 1/2 of Onion.
- Prepare 1 of Tomato.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Termeric powder.
- Prepare of Salt.
- Prepare of Oil.
Spinach dal can me made using lot of lentils. Like you can make it with masoor dal (red lentils) or with chana dal. My reicpes uses toor/arhar dal and moong dal. I somehow like this combination the best with my spinach dal.
Dal spinach step by step
- Heat oil, once it heated add cumin, red chill roast after add onion and tomato.cook until its gets soft..
- Another side of the stove, boil the water add a little bit of cumin seeds and spinch.after 5min. Turn off the heat..
- Aside, cook moong dal in the pessure cooker. Make 2whistle..
- Now, add moong dal and spinach to the (step1) process..
- Ready to eat with chappathi, poori, white rice.
This recipe is very simple and does not use several spices like most Indian recipes. FAQ & Tips for Making Awesome Spinach Dal. The cumin seeds will start to darken and the mustard seeds may start to pop when it's time to add broth. Add some chopped spinach to the infused butter, cook until wilted, and stir it all into the dal. This filling recipe makes a generous amount, so be sure to steam plenty of rice for leftovers.