Atomic Buffalo Turd (Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers w/ Smokies). Great recipe for Atomic Buffalo Turd (Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers w/ Smokies). As sourced from a few places around the net (Namely, Steve Cylka at theblackpeppercorn.com. No one know why such an unappealing name was chosen, but this twist on a normal Jalapeno popper is delicious!
Atomic Buffalo Turd—An appetizer that can come in many forms, but basically is a jalapeno pepper that is hollowed out, stuffed with cream cheese and a piece of pulled pork, wrapped in bacon and cooked until the bacon is crispy. They are not nearly as hot as you would think and have very little "morning after" effect. An instructional video on how to make the ultimate BBQ appetizer, the smoked bacon wrapped jalapeno pepper! You can have Atomic Buffalo Turd (Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers w/ Smokies) using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Atomic Buffalo Turd (Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers w/ Smokies)
- Prepare of Cheese Filling Mixture.
- You need 1 cup of Cream cheese.
- Prepare 1 cup of Grated Monterey Jack.
- It’s 1 tsp of Chipolte or Chili powder.
- Prepare 2 of Shallots, minced.
- Prepare of Rest of the Package.
- Prepare 10 of Bacon Slices, cut in half..
- It’s 10 of Jalepeno Peppers, Cut lengthwise and seeds/membranes removed..
- You need 10 of mini sausages / smoky links (or 20 if yours are really small).
- It’s 20 of toothpicks (optional).
Tips: Grilling and BBQing anything wrapped in bacon is a serious event. Always have a kitchen rated fire extinguisher nearby. Remember grease fires + water do not mix. See more ideas about Buffalo turds, Stuffed peppers, Appetizer snacks.
Atomic Buffalo Turd (Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers w/ Smokies) instructions
- Prepare your bacon and jalapeno peppers by cutting them in half. Cut bacon horizontally; cut jalapenos lengthwise and remove seeds and membranes using a spoon. Mince your shallots.
- Mix Cream Cheese, Monterrey Jack, the pepper powder of your choice, and the shallots in a dish, then stuff the mixture into the hollowed out peppers..
- Place the sausage/smoky link on top of the mixture, wrap tightly with bacon and secure with a toothpick if necessary or desired..
- To cook in a smoker: Set the smoker to 225°F and smoke for 2-3 hours, or until bacon is browned..
- To cook on the grill: Cook, lid closed, on medium heat until jalapeno is tender and bacon is browned..
- To cook in the oven: Bake at 425°F for 20-30 min, or until bacon is browned..
See great recipes for Atomic Buffalo Turd (Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers w/ Smokies) too! Have three dozen on the smoker for the neighborhood BBQ this afternoon. I'd post pics, but can't figure that shiz out. Jalapeño, onion and chive cream cheese mixed with shredded cheddar and a generous amount of dry BBQ rub, stuffed with a Little Smokies sau. Today we show you our Bacon wrapped Pineapple chunks w Jalapeno.