Thai butternut squash soup. Light and creamy, vegan butternut squash soup recipe. This simple butternut bisque is seasoned with Thai red curry paste and swirled with coconut milk. This soup is a blend of origins, too.
The Sriracha, peanuts, scallions and cilantro garnishes are not obligatory, but I love the vibrant flavors and textures — and they look pretty, too. So I generally wait to save those recipes, like this Thai Coconut Curry Butternut Squash Soup, for days when I'll be home alone and don't have to exhaust myself through the just try its and I think you'll be surprised you like its, and I can simply enjoy the comforting way that all of those flavors come. Add in carrot and butternut squash cubes; saute for a few more minutes then add in the yellow curry powder and turmeric. You can cook Thai butternut squash soup using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Thai butternut squash soup
- You need 2 of + tsp salt to taste.
- Prepare 2 of + tsp chili pepper flakes to taste.
- It’s 2-3 tbs. of minced garlic.
- It’s 2-3 tbs. of garlic chili paste.
- Prepare 2 (15 oz) of packages cubed/frozen Butternut Squash.
- Prepare 2 tbs. of olive or coconut oil.
- You need 3 of shallots, chopped.
- You need 5 of scallions, chopped.
- It’s 1 (32 oz.) of Container Vegetable broth.
- It’s of I can light coconut milk.
This Spicy Thai Butternut Squash Soup is vegan, gluten-free and filled with delicious Thai curry! Healthy and delicious Butternut Squash Soup with Thai flavors – so easy, vegetarian and gluten free! About a month ago, I actually talked my husband into going to Costco with me. This Thai Butternut Squash Soup made in the Instant Pot is what you have been waiting for.
Thai butternut squash soup step by step
- In Dutch oven add olive oil, shallots, green onions (reserve one for garnish), garlic. Sauté about 8 minutes until tender. Add two pkgs of butternut squash and sauté additional 10 minutes with lid on..
- Remove lid, stir. Add chili flakes, salt, seasonings. Sauté about 5 minutes. Add broth. Stir until combined. Simmer 15 min until squash is completely tender..
- Remove from heat. Using a hand blender, purée the soup very carefully in the pot. If you do not have a hand blender, use a vitamix style blender ladeling the hot soup into blender at 50% capacity of blender size. Then pouring back into a warming pot once blended. (I highly recommend owning a hand blender to purée soups)..
- Once soup is puréed, open coconut milk and carefully pour into a small mixing bowl. Wisk until blended. Pour 3/4 of the total can of coconut milk into the soup, lightly stirring to blend, reserving remaining 1/4 of the coconut milk as a swirled garnish for each bowl. I also garnished with chopped green onion and extra chili flakes. Or you could use chives, cilantro or lemongrass..
It is creamy, flavorful, healthy and vegan! This Thai buttermilk soup with pureed squash is a quick and healthy option that is great for all seasons. This thai butternut squash soup is packed with all the warm flavors and make you feel cozy on a cold nights. With the temperatures set to go down in Vegan & gluten-free Thai Butternut Squash Soup made in the Instant Pot! This soup is packed with all the warm fall flavors.