You can cook Pumpkin Cake using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pumpkin Cake
- Prepare 2/3 cup of shortening.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of sugar or sugar substitute, such as splenda.
- Prepare 3 of eggs, separated (can also use egg substitute).
- You need 2 cups of sifted flour (gluten-free or regular).
- You need 3 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of xanthum gum, if using gluten-free flour.
- You need 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 3/4 tsp of ground cloves.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of allspice.
- You need 1/4 tsp of nutmeg.
- It’s 2 tsp of cinnamon.
- It’s 1 cup of pumpkin.
- You need 1 cup of Buttermilk, dairy free option in step 6.
- You need 1 container of cream cheese frosting.
Pumpkin Cake instructions
- Beat egg whites until stiff, set aside..
- Cream shortening & sugar. Add yolks & beat well. Add dry ingredients alternately with pumpkin & Buttermilk. Fold in egg whites..
- Pour into greased 13×9 pan..
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes..
- Let cool completely. Then spread cream cheese frosting..
- For dairy free Buttermilk, add enough milk of your choice to 1 tbsp white vinegar or lemon juice to make 1 cup. Stir, then let sit for 5 minutes..