Chipotle Sauerkraut. Fermenting sauerkraut with chipotle is a very satisfying endeavor. This smoky chipotle sauerkraut recipe is the final culmination of a series of evolving experiments, during which I effectively zeroed in on what I consider o be the perfect spice balance. Spoon cabbage into quart jars, pressing down after each spoonful to compact the cabbage and let the juices move around.
Served on the side, this condiment adds complexity to even the tamest foods like potatoes or eggs. Raw Sauerkraut, a fermented food, is extremely good for your health because it is full of active enzymes. This sauerkraut recipe is a probiotics powerhouse. You can cook Chipotle Sauerkraut using 4 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chipotle Sauerkraut
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Salt.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Garlic Powder.
- It’s 1 can of Chipotles in Adobo Sauce.
- It’s 5 lb of Cabbage.
There are things we grow up with that we don't see the value of or notice that's right in front of us. Crispy, crunchy & perfectly balanced in flavor, these are the best fresh gourmet pickles & sauerkraut on the planet. Sonoma Brinery Mild Smokey Chipotle Raw Sauerkraut Is A Gluten-Free Product Made From Cabbage And Seasoned With Bell Pepper, Garlic, Paprika And Chipotle Powder. This Fat-Free Probiotic Food Makes An Ideal Side Dish Served With Sausage, And It Adds Some Unexpected Zip To Traditional Reuben Sandwiches.
Chipotle Sauerkraut instructions
- Remove (and save) the putter leaves of the cabbage (usually just the outermost 2.) Slice cabbage thinly and put into a stock pot (or something else large enough.).
- Mince chipotles, then mix in with the garlic, salt and the rest of the adobo sauce.
- Mix in the chipotle mixture with the cabbage and let sit for 30 minutes.
- Spoon cabbage into quart jars, pressing down after each spoonful to compact the cabbage and let the juices move around. Also, continually toss the cabbage in the pot so the brine stays more evenly spread throughout. Do not overfill the jars, usually just around 2/3-3/4 full..
- Split the leftover brine at the bottom of the pot into each jar. Put a leaf (saved from step 1) into each jar to cover/contain the cabbage. Then put a rock (or something that fits in the jar and is heavy/large enough to weight down the cabbage below the brine level) in each jar. If the brine is not above the cabbage, make your own (1T salt/1C water) and pour on top till it's well covered. Make sure to leave some room as it will expand..
- Open jar every morning and press the rock back down for the next couple weeks. Taste it as you go to determine when you want to stop fermenting. I usually stop around 2-3 weeks if it's warmer (above 65) , 4-5 weeks if it's cooler. Put in fridge once they taste good.
Our Chipotle Sauerkraut is absolutely delicious; d eep smoky, savoury flavour with a good punch of heat, it is s picy and slightly sour with a deep umami flavour. It's great to liven up any meal or simply enjoyed straight from the jar. Our Chipotle Kraut is live fermented, raw and unpasteurised, and made by hand in small batches. Chipotle Sauerkraut Recipes containing ingredients barbecue sauce, brown sugar, chicken broth, chipotle peppers, juniper berries, salt, sauerkraut, sugar Your self love is a medicine for the earth. ~ Yung Pueblo This vegan-adaptable, Chipotle Mayo – or Mexican Secret Sauce- is probably not a huge secret anymore … but to some, it may be the difference between a dish that is bland and unexciting to something fantastically delicious! Use it as taco sauce, over burrito bowls, or with most any Mexican- inspired recipes!