Vegan Pasta | Creamy Asparagus & Lemon. Place asparagus into a large pot or skillet and cover with water; bring to a boil. Generously season with salt and pepper, then sprinkle with Parmesan, mozzarella. In a large skillet, bring water to a boil.
Check out these great recipes from other bloggers: Spinach Gratin from Skinnytaste. Maple Balsamic Roasted Brussels Sprouts from Bake. Roasted Lemon Parmesan Broccoli from Diethood. You can have Vegan Pasta | Creamy Asparagus & Lemon using 13 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vegan Pasta | Creamy Asparagus & Lemon
- You need 1 Bunch of Asparagus, Trimmed and Washed.
- You need 1 of Lemon Sliced and the juice of ½ a lemon.
- Prepare of Olive Oil.
- It’s 1 of Large Onion, Finely Diced.
- You need 4 Cloves of Garlic, Minced.
- You need 2 Tablespoons of Earth Balance Vegan Butter (Or use Olive Oil).
- It’s 4 Tablespoons of All-Purpose Flour.
- You need 3 Cups of Unsweetened Almond Milk.
- Prepare 10 Ounces of Bow Tie Pasta.
- It’s 2 Teaspoons of Italian Seasoning.
- It’s 1 Teaspoon of Garlic Powder.
- It’s 1/2 Teaspoon of Cayenne Pepper.
- Prepare to Taste of Salt and Pepper.
Best Green Bean Casserole from The Novice Chef. Creamed Spinach and Mushrooms in White Wine Sauce Directions. This Creamed Asparagus is a quick, flavorful side dish perfect for any occasion. Whether it be a holiday or your own family dinner, this is a delicious way to prepare your vegetable side dish.
Vegan Pasta | Creamy Asparagus & Lemon instructions
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Add asparagus to a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Top with thin slices of lemon and bake for 20 minutes..
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil and add pasta. Cook according to pasta instructions..
- In a large skillet, melt the vegan butter in with a tablespoon of olive oil over medium high heat. Add onion and cook until translucent..
- Add the garlic and cook until fragrant. About 2 minutes..
- Add flour stirring constantly and cook for 2 minutes..
- Whisk in almond milk. Add Italian seasoning, garlic powder, cayenne, and another pinch of salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer and reduce heat to low. Simmer for about 10 minutes..
- Once asparagus is cooked, cut into thirds and add to the sauce along with the roasted lemon. *Hint: Don’t eat the lemon…this just adds flavor..
- Squeeze lemon juice over the sauce and stir. Drain pasta and add to the creamy sauce. Top with fresh basil and enjoy!.
A creamy sauce surrounds the tender asparagus and will leave everyone coming back for more. Easter is coming up quickly, like […] Ingredients in Creamy Baked Asparagus. Asparagus (of course!) – The stalks should be bright green, and the tips should be compact. Thick asparagus will take a little longer to cook than thinner asparagus, so keep that in mind when you go to bake it. Ranch Dressing – This is a surprise ingredient!