Kerala dry fish curry.
You can cook Kerala dry fish curry using 15 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Kerala dry fish curry
- You need 1 tbsp of chopped ginger.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of tamarind pulp.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of chopped onions.
- It’s 1/2 cup of coconut milk.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of fresh grated coconut.
- You need 2 medium of dry red chilly.
- It’s 1 tbsp of red chilly powder.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of soaked rice.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cumin seeds.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of coriander seeds.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- You need 2 tbsp of oil.
- Prepare 1 of salt to taste.
- You need of 1\2 cup of chopped onions.
- Prepare 100 grams of small dry fish.
Kerala dry fish curry instructions
- Apply salt,turmeric powder and red chilly powder to the fish pieces and keep aside for 15 minutes.
- Iightly roast cumin and coriander seeds,mix with dry red chillies,soaked rice and grated coconut.
- Grind it to a smooth paste, soak tamarind in a half a cup of hot water. Heat oil in a pan.
- Add chopped onions and chopped ginger,cook on a high flame till brown. Stir in fish pieces and add 2 cups of water.
- Bring it to a boil. Stir in coconut and spice paste. mash tamarind dissolved in water to make a pulp.
- Strain and add to the gravy.simmer for 2 minutes and finish with coconut milk..
- Add fish pieces and cook on a medium flame for 7 to 8 minutes or till the fish is done.
- Serve hot.