Su-Buta (Sweet and Sour Pork) ★Recipe Video★. The deep fried pork is crispy on the outside and tender on the inside, and the sauce is a perfect blend of sweet and sour. A staple in Chinese restaurant, this dish goes very well with rice. #. Deep fry red bell pepper and onion over medium heat for a min.
Sweet and Sour Pork is an iconic Chinese recipe and classic Cantonese dish. Called "咕嚕肉" or "goo lou yok" in Cantonese dialect, this recipe is very pleasing to the palate because of the flavorsome sweet and sour sauce—the sweetness from sugar plus the tangy ketchup and sharp rice vinegar—with the crispy fried pork pieces. The Best Lemon Chicken And Chilli Chicken Recipe EVER • Taste Show. You can cook Su-Buta (Sweet and Sour Pork) ★Recipe Video★ using 23 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Su-Buta (Sweet and Sour Pork) ★Recipe Video★
- You need 420 g (14.8 oz) of pork loin.
- It’s 1 of onion (medium size).
- It’s 4-5 of green japanese bell peppers (or 2 green bell peppers).
- Prepare 1 of red bell pepper.
- Prepare of oil for frying : adjust to suit your needs.
- Prepare of about 8-10 Tbsp potato starch (for marinated pork).
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of potato starch and 1 Tbsp water (for sweet and sour sauce).
- It’s 1/2 Tbsp of sesame oil.
- You need of ■Marinade for pork.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of cooking sake.
- You need 1 Tbsp of soy sauce.
- You need 1 tsp of cane sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of sesame oil.
- It’s 1 of thumb-size piece of ginger (1 Tbsp grated ginger).
- You need of ■Sweet and sour sauce.
- Prepare 170 ml (5.8 fl oz) of water.
- Prepare 50 ml (1.7 fl oz) of cooking sake.
- You need 65 ml (2.2 fl oz) of apple cider vinegar.
- Prepare 65 ml (2.2 fl oz) of black rice vinegar.
- It’s 60 g of (2.1 oz, 5 Tbsp) cane sugar.
- Prepare 1.5 Tbsp of soy sauce.
- Prepare 75 g of (2.6 oz, 5 Tbsp) ketchup.
- You need of ※You can use cornstarch instead of potato starch.
For the sauce, place a frying pan over a medium heat and add the oil. Sauté the garlic until fragrant, then fry the peppers until soften. Drain pineapple, reserving juice; set aside. In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, brown sugar, salt, ginger and pepper.
Su-Buta (Sweet and Sour Pork) ★Recipe Video★ step by step
- ★Recipe video★ (my You Tube channel)→https://youtu.be/Ih5WVHw3YTw.
- Combine all sweet and sour sauce ingredients ; water, cooking sake, apple cider vinegar, black rice vinegar, cane sugar, soy sauce and ketchup. Stir well until the sugar is dissolved. Leave it until you use..
- Cut green bell pepper and red bell pepper in half and get rid of the seeds. Cut them into bite-size pieces. Cut a onion into bite-size pieces. Put the green bell pepper in a bowl and red bell pepper and onion in the another bowl. Set aside..
- Combine all marinade ingredients, grated ginger, soy sauce, cooking sake, cane sugar, sesame oil. Set aside. Pat the pork dry with paper towel. Pare away excess fat from the pork..
- Cut the pork into thick slices. Poke holes into each slice with fork. Pound each slice lightly with the back of the knife..
- Cut the pork into bite-size chunks. Mix the pork with the marinade..
- Heat the oil for frying in a frying pan over medium high heat. Toss the pork in the potato starch to coat. Deep fry the pork over medium heat (170℃, 338F) for 4-5 mins until evenly browned or crisp. Drain excess oil..
- Deep fry the green bell pepper over medium heat for 30 sec. Deep fry red bell pepper and onion over medium heat for a min. Drain the oil on paper towels..
- Mix 1 Tbsp potato starch and 1 Tbsp water ; set aside. Pour the sweet and sour sauce in a large pot and heat it. When the sauce boils, stir the potato starch and water mixture until smooth. Turn off the heat and add the mixture to the sauce while stirring the sauce. Stir it well until smooth..
- Put the fried vegetables and pork in and mix roughly. Heat it over medium heat for 3 mins and bring to a boil while mixing the bottom sometimes to prevent scorching. Turn off the heat and add 1/2 Tbsp sesame oil and mix roughly (in the video of youtube, it completely slipped my mind). It's all done!.
Stir in the water, ketchup, vinegar, soy sauce and reserved juice until smooth. Drain and discard marinade from pork. Add the onion, carrots, green pepper, garlic and ginger; saute until pork is tender. Anyone who loves Chinese cooking will definitely like Sweet and Sour Pork aka 咕老肉! This all time favourite is a cult classic.