Asian Chicken over Jasmine Rice and Baby Bok Choy. Great recipe for Asian Chicken over Jasmine Rice and Baby Bok Choy. From my first edition the batter made the chicken too slimy. Although at the time, I only had bone-in chicken wings and the flavor was perfect.
Serve the cooked rice and carrots with the cooked bok choy and cooked chicken (including any glaze from the pan). Sauteed Shrimp with Pechay or Bok Choy. Asian Chicken over Jasmine Rice and Baby Bok Choy. You can cook Asian Chicken over Jasmine Rice and Baby Bok Choy using 20 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Asian Chicken over Jasmine Rice and Baby Bok Choy
- It’s of Chicken.
- It’s of Chicken 3-4 boneless, skinless chicekn.
- Prepare of Eggs: 3 eggs- whisked.
- You need of Cornstarch: 1/3 cup of CS.
- Prepare of Flour: 1/3 cup of Flour.
- It’s of Oil for frying.
- Prepare of Sauce.
- You need of Orang juice: 1 cup orange juice.
- You need of Sugar: 1/2 cup of sugar.
- It’s of Rice Vinegar/ white vinegar: 2 tablespoons of RV or WV.
- It’s of Soy Sauce: 2 tablespoons of soy sauce.
- You need of Ginger: 1/4 teaspoon ginger.
- It’s of Garlic Powder: 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder or garlic cloves.
- Prepare of Red pepper flakes: 1/2 teaspoon red chilli flakes.
- Prepare of Orange Zest from 1 orange.
- Prepare of Corn starch: 1 tablespoon of corn starch.
- You need of Garnish.
- It’s of Green Onions.
- You need of Orange Zest.
- Prepare of Baby Bok Choy.
From my first edition the batter made the chicken too slimy. This year, I've been eating a good amount of Chinese greens called baby bok choy. It's basically a Chinese cabbage that's really good for you. I've made smothered chicken with Shanghai bok choy also.
Asian Chicken over Jasmine Rice and Baby Bok Choy step by step
- Sauce: In a medium pot, add the OJ, sugar, vinegar, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, and red pepper chili flakes. This should take about 3-5 minutes.
- In a separate bowl. Mix and whisk the cornstarch with 2 Tablespoons of water to form a paste. Then add to orange sauce and whisk together. Cook for about 5-7 minutes, until the mixture begins to thicken. Once the sauce is thickened, remove heat and then add orange zest..
- To make chicken: Place flour and cornstarch in a shallow dish. Add salt if needed.
- Break and whisk the eggs in a separate dish..
- Dip chicken pieces in the mixture of egg and then flour mixture..
- In a medium pan with oil cook the chicken until golden brown. If greasy place chicken in paper towel. DO not cook chicken with orange sauce (will cause it to be gooey). Pour orange sauce on chicken and garnish chicken with orange zest and green onion. Use the leftover sauce on rice..
- Toss chicken with orange sauce. You may reserve some of the sauce to place on rice. Serve it with a sprinkling of green onion and orange zest, if so desired..
- Baby Bok Choy: wash and dry, then place BBC in medium pan with olive oil with lid until soft and roasted. Removed lip until seared on both sides..
One is bigger than the other. Bok choy is a healthy Chinese cabbage with mildly bitter white stems and green leaves. They are many ways to cook them, for example: garlic bok choy. If you go to a Chinese restaurant, the server would usually recommend two or three types of vegetable stir-fry: plain, garlic or with oyster sauce. This Asian inspired main course stir-fry that is full of veggies and a sweet and spicy sauce.